Nugget Shooter Forums

Improving your prospecting skills - some new YouTube videos

Hey I have been meaning to do up some Youtube videos for a while and this last weekend I was talking with Shannon Poe of AMRA at the Portland Oregon GPAA Gold Show and he suggested I video the whole presentation. Well, I had no video stuff with me, but I figured I could do the same presentation on a screen capture at home. In fact I’ve decided to do up all the presentations I give to various prospecting and rock hound clubs as well as the ones I do for the GPAA.  I’ve got four done so far but more are coming and as soon as the weather improves I am going to do some live action instructional videos as well on all sorts of prospecting topics.
In fact the plan is that Bill Southern and Tammy are going to come up this way to the California gold country sometime this summer and we will do together a series of prospecting videos. Most of them will be on Bill’s channel, but I’m hoping to talk Bill into doing a few for my channel as well.  So if you want to see all of what I have coming, be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the notification bell and YouTube will let you know when I publish something. In the mean time as I have 4 new ones for you to take a look at:

How To Find Gold – Improving Your Prospecting Skills

Nugget Detecting Success

How To Stake Your Own Mining Claim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSzRh1Da74&t=2s

Dry Washing For Gold

Edited by Reno Chris
  • Like 4

Hey Chris, I just watched the first video ( Improving you prospecting skills),.....Very Informative "INDEED"!!!!!!!!!; and although I am familiar with most of the "How-too's" of gold prospecting and do utilize most of this information in my own hunting, you did bring up a "number" of aspects (important-considerations) of prospecting that I can see that I had not been utilizing in the past (over the years); may be a bit "rusty-at-considering" of-late; or was in need of a good reminder that these other considerations can play an important role in being more successful out there.  I think that just this one video alone would make a world - of- difference for anyone who is relatively new to the gold prospecting "challenge" (and /or) for those who have been detecting for a year or more and have yet to find their first nugget.  I always enjoy reading about Improving prospecting skills from anyone who has researched and used the different aspects of this gold-seeking-Challenge, been Successful at it, and is willing to pass this Relevant information on so that "Others" who are willing to listen, read, and learn can gain valuable knowledge to utilize on their own where ever they are in gold country.     :m2c:   ALSO, I am glad to see and read something "WORTH-WHILE-TO-READ " on this forum for a change!!!  Something Informative instead of Bias; Something Helpful instead of Argumentative; Something many can use and benefit-by instead of being closed-minded--closed-mouthed-and Secretive as most are on this forum---Heaven forbid that anyone else would learn of your secret-spot, or your secret way of finding GOLD.................Again, just :m2c:      

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 10:33 PM, LowPoint said:

Hey Chris, I just watched the first video ( Improving you prospecting skills),.....Very Informative "INDEED"!!!!!!!!!; and although I am familiar with most of the "How-too's" of gold prospecting and do utilize most of this information in my own hunting, you did bring up a "number" of aspects (important-considerations) of prospecting that I can see that I had not been utilizing in the past (over the years); may be a bit "rusty-at-considering" of-late; or was in need of a good reminder that these other considerations can play an important role in being more successful out there.  I think that just this one video alone would make a world - of- difference for anyone who is relatively new to the gold prospecting "challenge" (and /or) for those who have been detecting for a year or more and have yet to find their first nugget.  I always enjoy reading about Improving prospecting skills from anyone who has researched and used the different aspects of this gold-seeking-Challenge, been Successful at it, and is willing to pass this Relevant information on so that "Others" who are willing to listen, read, and learn can gain valuable knowledge to utilize on their own where ever they are in gold country.     :m2c:   ALSO, I am glad to see and read something "WORTH-WHILE-TO-READ " on this forum for a change!!!  Something Informative instead of Bias; Something Helpful instead of Argumentative; Something many can use and benefit-by instead of being closed-minded--closed-mouthed-and Secretive as most are on this forum---Heaven forbid that anyone else would learn of your secret-spot, or your secret way of finding GOLD.................Again, just :m2c:      

"ALSO, I am glad to see and read something "WORTH-WHILE-TO-READ " on this forum for a change!!! Something Informative instead of Bias"

Low Point Indeed! Come on man, where else can you throw your 2 pennies on the table and buy a rant space to vent your own bias? What's wrong with letting others do the same or at least have a say in expressing themselves however they choose? Within reason and established guidelines, of course. The beauty of the forum is the openness and freedom of expression that's extended to all, and everyone is also given the choice to read the content or not. And reply or not, And become incensed by the content or not. And for your " 2 cents worth", That would seem to be quite a bargain. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BMc said:

"ALSO, I am glad to see and read something "WORTH-WHILE-TO-READ " on this forum for a change!!! Something Informative instead of Bias"

Low Point Indeed! Come on man, where else can you throw your 2 pennies on the table and buy a rant space to vent your own bias? What's wrong with letting others do the same or at least have a say in expressing themselves however they choose? Within reason and established guidelines, of course. The beauty of the forum is the openness and freedom of expression that's extended to all, and everyone is also given the choice to read the content or not. And reply or not, And become incensed by the content or not. And for your " 2 cents worth", That would seem to be quite a bargain. But that's just my opinion.

Yep and forums are wonderful in just that way.... Gold hunting ain't easy and learning a new spot is what we try to share here I think. Nope I do not tell everyone where I go, but nor do others including you Gary. It is all good and it is nice to be able to share what we do..... :hide: I have never taken offence to someone (s) opinion on how to rather then where to and respect the privacy of the prospector while enjoying his hunt. Man we have some skilled folks here and yep tight lipped except in helping to learn the skills, but sometimes ya got to read between the lines some. :inocent: Few here I think show "it all" for various reasons, but will give advice that is sometimes priceless.....

• Like 2