Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bedrock Bob

Another iron found in New Mexico!

I was coming home from bow fishing yesterday and stopped by a place that I thought might have a meteorite. Within five minutes of searching I found this beautiful oriented iron. It is in fairly good condition and has a removable handle. When I took the handle off I discovered genuine lint. I have sent this lint to NASA because I suspect it came from Mars.

DSCN0596.JPG

DSCN0597.JPG

There is no telling how old this aerolite is. The foundry that manufactured this sad iron started production way back in the 1780's and produced various styles of irons into the late 1800's. I have not done much research so I don't know exactly how old it is but it is a nice piece to add to my collection. 

The markings say Colebrookdale Iron Company, Boyertown Pa. U.S.A.

Maybe in the future I will offer polished slices of this rare Martian aerolite. Terry Solomon may want a dandy wrist watch created around a slice. But for now we can all bask in the glory of the main mass as it was found. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • well done 1

But It may not be Martian lint? It may have been chucked out the window of a space craft that visited earth from another galaxy when they realized it scorched their space suits.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Awesome find Bob.

• Like 1

So based on the condition of the wooden handle what antique store did you find it in on the way home from bowhunting.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

So based on the condition of the wooden handle what antique store did you find it in on the way home from bowhunting.
AzNuggetBob

It was found near Toadlena, NM under three feet of corn flakes and watermelon seeds with my Illudium PU-36 Space Modulator. 

I have found several irons at this location. I think I have myself a strewn field!

8 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It was found near Toadlena, NM under three feet of corn flakes and watermelon seeds with my Illudium PU-36 Space Modulator. 

I have found several irons at this location. I think I have myself a strewn field!

Maybe that's where Iron Man grew up.😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Maybe that's where Iron Man grew up.😀

I think it is where Iron Man cleaned out the old building behind his house. He actually grew up in Tecolotito and moved to Toadlena after the great molasses flood of 1919.

This meteorite probably came through the roof of the building about 1962 when the previous owners were at sheep camp. It was sitting in the shed when Iron Man bought the place back in the early 80's.

There have been a lot of cool meteorites found in this strewn field. The old building measures 12 X 20 and about ten feet high. The old adobe walls are collapsing around an elliptical strewn field of meteorites that have fallen from the heavens.

Bob I'm hesitant to believe what you've found is a meteorite...at least until you get it tested by an authoritative and qualilfied professional and then classified, I would suggest sending it in to be tested to either Proctor and Silex or Black and Decker!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Au Seeker said:

Bob I'm hesitant to believe what you've found is a meteorite...at least until you get it tested by an authoritative and qualilfied professional and then classified, I would suggest sending it in to be tested to either Proctor and Silex or Black and Decker!

I tested all of the previous finds on the battery tester at Auto Zone and they all were positive. I also heated the iron up and set an ice cube on it. It melted rapidly!

Besides, there is no way several rare iron meteorites could have got in that shed unless they fell from the sky. There is simply no other explanation. The odds that someone took all of them up in an airplane and dropped them all into an elliptical pattern that perfectly fit the shed is huge. They obviously fell from Mars in a turbulent steel storm. It was just luck they did not set the shed on fire when they landed. 

• Like 1

Some good stuff BB. Im having a lot of fun reading this thred.

AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

But you have to wonder, why is there so many new iron discoveries in New Mexico?

AzNuggetBob

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

But you have to wonder, why is there so many new iron discoveries in New Mexico?

AzNuggetBob

That has been the subject of much debate. I don't know the answer but I suspect it is because of the great weather, good food and the beautiful women. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AzNuggetBob said:

AzNuggetBob

No wonder at all, considering that Toadlena is south of Los Alamos laboratories where the atomic bomb was developed, and east of Trinity Site where the bomb was first exploded, (and we can't overlook the well documented flying saucer crash in Roswell, and the capture of the undocumented Martian alien during the same general time period) The mystery appears to be more related to the question of, did the meteorite fall naturally from the sky? Or was it thrown from the spacecraft by the Martian in an futile attempt to lighten the weight of the saucer to avoid a crash landing? On the other hand, Toadlena is known to be near the epicenter of the cattle mutilation phenomenon, where cows were killed while being branded and burned with hot objects, so could it be possible that these types of falling fiery meteorites were responsible for the carne-ge?  Hmm . . .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I tested all of the previous finds on the battery tester at Auto Zone and they all were positive. I also heated the iron up and set an ice cube on it. It melted rapidly!

Besides, there is no way several rare iron meteorites could have got in that shed unless they fell from the sky. There is simply no other explanation. The odds that someone took all of them up in an airplane and dropped them all into an elliptical pattern that perfectly fit the shed is huge. They obviously fell from Mars in a turbulent steel storm. It was just luck they did not set the shed on fire when they landed. 

Bob, I wouldn't be as hesitate to believe that it's a meteorite if you had found it and the others at the bottom of a pile of charred clothing instead of the pile of cornflakes and watermelon seeds!:idunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AzNuggetBob said:

AzNuggetBob

I think it has a lot to do with Bob living there, but who knows for sure. :idunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMc said:

No wonder at all, considering that Toadlena is south of Los Alamos laboratories where the atomic bomb was developed, and east of Trinity Site where the bomb was first exploded, (and we can't overlook the well documented flying saucer crash in Roswell, and the capture of the undocumented Martian alien during the same general time period) The mystery appears to be more related to the question of, did the meteorite fall naturally from the sky? Or was it thrown from the spacecraft by the Martian in an futile attempt to lighten the weight of the saucer to avoid a crash landing? On the other hand, Toadlena is known to be near the epicenter of the cattle mutilation phenomenon, where cows were killed while being branded and burned with hot objects, so could it be possible that these types of falling fiery meteorites were responsible for the carne-ge?  Hmm . . .

That reminds me of a true story Mac...

Back in the day I knew a fellow near Dulce. His name was Frank Yazzie. He had a ranch on the Jicarilla Apache rez on the other side of the mountain from the underground alien bunker. (That is the same bunch of subterranean dwelling aliens responsible for the Taos hum. The opening to their secret lair is on the hollowed out mountain SW of Dulce known as "Dulce Base").

Every morning for days he would find cattle mutilated in his pasture. The aliens just wanted the ovaries and a few other giblets and left the meat intact. They drained all of the blood and left the carcass nice and clean. All the incisions were done with high powered lasers so there was just a little toasted meat around the edges.

Frank was saving those beeves and hanging them in a big walk in cooler at the old Tastee Freeze in Dulce. Nobody knew anything about it except him and his brother Arnold and Arnold was the quiet type. He hadn't spoken a word since Project Gasbuggy when they set off the nuclear bomb in a gas well about a mile south of his hogan.

One day Frank, Arnold and I were smoking the peace pipe when Frank mentioned he had several hundred pounds of mutilated cattle beef. He was wondering if we could open a food truck or something. After all it was half of his herd that he lost and he was having trouble making ends meet.

To make a long story short we opened a frybread tuck over on the Navajo rez and fed the beef to the touristas coming to buy turquoise and blankets. We made a killing on the Navajo tacos and double chile cheeseburgers. People loved it. You could hardly taste the alien taste at all. You would never know it was mutilated beef unless someone told you. 

We ran that food truck for three summers until the mutilations stopped. The insurance company wrote Frank a check for the loss of his cattle and the U.S. government bought the ranch so they could keep an eye on the underground alien base. Frank moved over to Tremintina and got a job building the spaceship landing strip and underground vault where the Scientologists keep L. Ron Hubbard's head in a big pickle jar.

The last time I saw Frank was several years ago but he still had that frybread truck. I didn't think to ask him where he was getting the beef for the Navajo tacos but the red sauce was as good as it ever was.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Bob, I wouldn't be as hesitate to believe that it's a meteorite if you had found it and the others at the bottom of a pile of charred clothing instead of the pile of cornflakes and watermelon seeds!:idunno:

There were traces of cloth, old snaps, buckles and buttons found in the meteorite bearing layer under the corn flakes. There was even the rusted remains of an ironing board. So there is very good evidence that this is a genuine iron meteorite.

As for the cornflakes...

Cactus rats love old scorched cloth. Their front teeth grow fast and they must chew burned cloth to keep their teeth filed down. So the burned clothes were attracting cactus rats.

The adult cactus rat will often use corn flakes, watermelon seeds, elk turds and ginger snaps to build a nest. The elk turds and ginger snaps get eaten by sandworms each winter while the rats are hibernating. So after a few years the only thing left is corn flakes and watermelon seeds.

That is what makes the detecting so difficult and why I use the PU-36 by Illudium. No other machine can give me that kind of depth hunting in these difficult conditions.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It's nature's way.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

There were traces of cloth, old snaps, buckles and buttons found in the meteorite bearing layer under the corn flakes. There was even the rusted remains of an ironing board. So there is very good evidence that this is a genuine iron meteorite.

As for the cornflakes...

Cactus rats love old scorched cloth. Their front teeth grow fast and they must chew burned cloth to keep their teeth filed down. So the burned clothes were attracting cactus rats.

The adult cactus rat will often use corn flakes, watermelon seeds, elk turds and ginger snaps to build a nest. The elk turds and ginger snaps get eaten by sandworms each winter while the rats are hibernating. So after a few years the only thing left is corn flakes and watermelon seeds.

That is what makes the detecting so difficult and why I use the PU-36 by Illudium. No other machine can give me that kind of depth hunting in these difficult conditions.

That makes all the sense in the meteorite world to me, so now I'm convinced it is indeed a meteorite, you should of posted all this info from the start, it would of detered all of us doubting Thomases from posting our doubts!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That reminds me of a true story Mac...

Back in the day I knew a fellow near Dulce. His name was Frank Yazzie. He had a ranch on the Jicarilla Apache rez on the other side of the mountain from the underground alien bunker. (That is the same bunch of subterranean dwelling aliens responsible for the Taos hum. The opening to their secret lair is on the hollowed out mountain SW of Dulce known as "Dulce Base").

Every morning for days he would find cattle mutilated in his pasture. The aliens just wanted the ovaries and a few other giblets and left the meat intact. They drained all of the blood and left the carcass nice and clean. All the incisions were done with high powered lasers so there was just a little toasted meat around the edges.

Frank was saving those beeves and hanging them in a big walk in cooler at the old Tastee Freeze in Dulce. Nobody knew anything about it except him and his brother Arnold and Arnold was the quiet type. He hadn't spoken a word since Project Gasbuggy when they set off the nuclear bomb in a gas well about a mile south of his hogan.

One day Frank, Arnold and I were smoking the peace pipe when Frank mentioned he had several hundred pounds of mutilated cattle beef. He was wondering if we could open a food truck or something. After all it was half of his herd that he lost and he was having trouble making ends meet.

To make a long story short we opened a frybread tuck over on the Navajo rez and fed the beef to the touristas coming to buy turquoise and blankets. We made a killing on the Navajo tacos and double chile cheeseburgers. People loved it. You could hardly taste the alien taste at all. You would never know it was mutilated beef unless someone told you. 

We ran that food truck for three summers until the mutilations stopped. The insurance company wrote Frank a check for the loss of his cattle and the U.S. government bought the ranch so they could keep an eye on the underground alien base. Frank moved over to Tremintina and got a job building the spaceship landing strip and underground vault where the Scientologists keep L. Ron Hubbard's head in a big pickle jar.

The last time I saw Frank was several years ago but he still had that frybread truck. I didn't think to ask him where he was getting the beef for the Navajo tacos but the red sauce was as good as it ever was.

The story sounds familiar. I think I read about a similar incident in one of Hillerman's novels. If Hillerman didn't write the story, had he known about it, he probably would have. Or maybe it was Art Bell's Coast To Coast AM . . .?  Anyway, glad it relieved some of the pressure on the local canine population for a time . . . :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

That makes all the sense in the meteorite world to me, so now I'm convinced it is indeed a meteorite, you should of posted all this info from the start, it would of detered all of us doubting Thomases from posting our doubts!!

It helps to start small and discuss it a bit. That way you understand the science behind it. :25r30wi:

Posted (edited)

The Contours and shape hint of Venusian Origin ? More Research Required.

A good ol bath in White Vinegar would spruce that thing right up. 

Edited by homefire

On 4/6/2019 at 10:10 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

I was coming home from bow fishing yesterday and stopped by a place that I thought might have a meteorite. Within five minutes of searching I found this beautiful oriented iron. It is in fairly good condition and has a removable handle. When I took the handle off I discovered genuine lint. I have sent this lint to NASA because I suspect it came from Mars.

DSCN0596.JPG

DSCN0597.JPG

There is no telling how old this aerolite is. The foundry that manufactured this sad iron started production way back in the 1780's and produced various styles of irons into the late 1800's. I have not done much research so I don't know exactly how old it is but it is a nice piece to add to my collection. 

The markings say Colebrookdale Iron Company, Boyertown Pa. U.S.A.

Maybe in the future I will offer polished slices of this rare Martian aerolite. Terry Solomon may want a dandy wrist watch created around a slice. But for now we can all bask in the glory of the main mass as it was found. 

I thought "men" were from Mars! Doubt this would have been there. :4chsmu1::P

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cheshirecat said:

I thought "men" were from Mars! Doubt this would have been there. :4chsmu1::P

They say one in eight Martian Men have a keen eye for fashion and won't leave the house with a wrinkle. Coulda been one of theirs. :idunno:

Maybe a Venutian came for a visit and forgot it. It seems every time a Venutian stays the night she leaves some kind of hardware or dry goods behind. So it could be Martian material even if it originated on Venus.

Maybe it came flying outta Uranus at cosmic speeds? A lot of items initially thought to be Martian or Venutian actually come from Uranus instead.  We see a lot of Uranal material here on this forum. :rolleyes:

:25r30wi:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

They say one in eight Martian Men have a keen eye for fashion and won't leave the house with a wrinkle. Coulda been one of theirs. :idunno:

Maybe a Venutian came for a visit and forgot it. It seems every time a Venutian stays the night she leaves some kind of hardware or dry goods behind. So it could be Martian material even if it originated on Venus.

Maybe it came flying outta Uranus at cosmic speeds? A lot of items initially thought to be Martian or Venutian actually come from Uranus instead.  We see a lot of Uranal material here on this forum. :rolleyes:

:25r30wi:

HAHA Love it!!  :yuckyuck: Gobsmacked. No retort from this end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1