Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Fraud?

Recommended Posts

I don't believe any of this particular sellers specimens on Offer Up are actually meteorites. And I wouldn't buy a golden goose off some douche that's flipping buyers the bird in his avatar.

If an individual is listing a terrestrial rock for sale as a meteorite, I'd think buyer beware and join a meteorite forum and learn.

But dozens of non space rocks are listed by a seller with no documentation and obvious meteorwrongs, it's just crap on so many levels, the cops should be knocking on his door.

Where Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Edge said:

I don't believe any of this particular sellers specimens on Offer Up are actually meteorites. And I wouldn't buy a golden goose off some douche that's flipping buyers the bird in his avatar.

If an individual is listing a terrestrial rock for sale as a meteorite, I'd think buyer beware and join a meteorite forum and learn.

But dozens of non space rocks are listed by a seller with no documentation and obvious meteorwrongs, it's just crap on so many levels, the cops should be knocking on his door.

Where Am I wrong?

There's plenty of fraud of all types in these websites like Offer Up, eBay, Etsy, Craigslist,etc. 

Cops simply don't have the resources to investigate every single fraud unless it's part of a major case. These issues can be handled on a lower level like eBay where there was such an uproar from the meteorite community they actually started banning certain people for selling meteorwrongs as meteorites.

But just like many other things, a lot of responsibility is placed on the purchaser in the form  of "buyer beware". One has to use some common sense when making any purchase.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everything happens for a reason, negative or positive.

when don, me first discovered the fall rocks in early 2008. sent samples to three universities, AZ, CA, NM and lawyer Haig in Tucson. the first three returned them unopened, Haig sent me a smart-ass letter back saying send him money for return or he would throw them on his hot rock pile. there still on his pile.

had three x-ray analysis done over the summer and in the fall listed them on eBay and averging $1.50 an oz. with a 100 percent seller rating. March 2009 IMCA started their attack and had me removed.

am me bitter? no. one cannot settle disputes by ranting or raving. 

they must find it difficult... those who believe authority is truth rather than truth is authority. truth is love, love is truth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

they must find it difficult... those who believe authority is truth rather than truth is authority. truth is love, love is truth.

 

uhh... what? :nutty:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

everything happens for a reason, negative or positive.

when don, me first discovered the fall rocks in early 2008. sent samples to three universities, AZ, CA, NM and lawyer Haig in Tucson. the first three returned them unopened, Haig sent me a smart-ass letter back saying send him money for return or he would throw them on his hot rock pile. there still on his pile.

had three x-ray analysis done over the summer and in the fall listed them on eBay and averging $1.50 an oz. with a 100 percent seller rating. March 2009 IMCA started their attack and had me removed.

am me bitter? no. one cannot settle disputes by ranting or raving. 

they must find it difficult... those who believe authority is truth rather than truth is authority. truth is love, love is truth.

 

See Edge, There is a glimmer of hope, not everyone gets away with it.

  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

everything happens for a reason, negative or positive.

when don, me first discovered the fall rocks in early 2008. sent samples to three universities, AZ, CA, NM and lawyer Haig in Tucson. the first three returned them unopened, Haig sent me a smart-ass letter back saying send him money for return or he would throw them on his hot rock pile. there still on his pile.

had three x-ray analysis done over the summer and in the fall listed them on eBay and averging $1.50 an oz. with a 100 percent seller rating. March 2009 IMCA started their attack and had me removed.

am me bitter? no. one cannot settle disputes by ranting or raving. 

they must find it difficult... those who believe authority is truth rather than truth is authority. truth is love, love is truth.

 

bob,

You are admitting to selling rocks on ebay as meteorites. In my book that is equal to claim jumping. You are only fooling the fools but it is still a dishonest thing to do. 

A lot of folks want to believe they are buying a meteorite just like you want to believe you have found one. You are taking advantage of them and that is not right.

This is exactly why I responded to your P.M. the way I did.

Another fellow with whom you share much in common was incarcerated for selling fake meteorites on Ebay wasn't he? You have been less than forthcoming about the details of that relationship. Looks like birds of a feather to me. 

Shame on you bob! You should spend your time searching for real meteorites rather than trying to sell worthless stones to gullible people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob, this is the third time you have threatened me not to post these fall rocks on the market. specifically post what evidence you have proveing that these are meteorite wrongs. 

what harm have me done to you that warrants your threats against me.

 

 

 

 

  • Hmmmmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never threatened you bob. Three times I have pointed out to you how dishonest it is to try and market worthless rocks as something they are not.

You are dishonest bob. Dishonest with yourself and dishonest with others. When your dishonesty is focused on taking money for worthless rocks then you become a thief. There is just no other way to slice it bob.

If you want to "make believe" you have found something valuable that is just fine. When your fantasy involves convincing someone else your worthless rocks are valuable it rises to the level of a crime. When you associate with others who get caught running the same pitiful racket it becomes mighty difficult to defend.

This isn't about me threatening you. This is about you marketing worthless rocks as meteorites on Ebay. You can obviously lie to yourself and pretend it is O.K to do that. But you are not fooling anyone here on this forum. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

specifically post what evidence you have proveing that these are meteorite wrongs. 

 

The burden of proof is not on us to prove they are  meteorwrongs, but rather on you to prove they are meteorites.  We are all still waiting for said proof.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pm'ed several members asking for an address (didn't have to be theirs) to send them a couple fall rocks along with an analysis. some accepted. sent them in a large envelope so they wouldn't have folded up piece of paper like aerolite did.

bedrock Bob and mike stang declined. both had a chance to scientifically prove me wrong.

what me gets from them is a rant and rave on how much they do not know about meteorites.

 

  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a scientist.

I don't give out my address to random people on the internet.

Post your lab classification.

I don't prove you are wrong, you prove you are right.  Provide the evidence.

Edited by Mikestang
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

pm'ed several members asking for an address (didn't have to be theirs) to send them a couple fall rocks along with an analysis. some accepted. sent them in a large envelope so they wouldn't have folded up piece of paper like aerolite did.

bedrock Bob and mike stang declined. both had a chance to scientifically prove me wrong.

what me gets from them is a rant and rave on how much they do not know about meteorites.

 

I'm a carpenter bob.

You are trying to get a carpenter's address to send him rocks in a desperate attempt to make someone (anyone) believe you have found a meteorite. That is how bizarre this crusade has become.

This has been going on nearly a decade now bob. Its just worn out buddy.

I don't care whether your "fall rocks" are meteorites or not. It just does not concern me that much.

If you want to scientifically prove your rocks are meteorites try a bricklayer. Maybe a plumber. The carpenter just don't care.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for toning it down. question remains on traveling through New Mexico. ok to use I-40 or go up to I-70 in Utah?

thanks, bob

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all due respect I think you should take the shortest road to someone who can help you with your behavioral issues.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a link to a highly reputable meteorite dealer in Tempe.

https://offerup.co/gCXTkSiKAV

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Here's a link to a highly reputable meteorite dealer in Tempe.

https://offerup.co/gCXTkSiKAV

He sure has a lot of very expensive pallisites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Q

He sure has a lot of very expensive pallisites.

Yeah I inquired into a nice looking one and dang would you believe even though it had been listed for a couple years, it sold just minutes before I could message him. What are the odds?

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edge said:

Here's a link to a highly reputable meteorite dealer in Tempe.

https://offerup.co/gCXTkSiKAV

I went to buy a pallasite, but decided to get the used iPhone and a craftsman lawn mower instead. I was wary at first, but when I saw his profile pic, with the face mask and middle finger, I felt confident I was getting a square deal. 

  • Like 2
  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Caliche Chris said:

I went to buy a pallasite, but decided to get the used iPhone and a craftsman lawn mower instead. I was wary at first, but when I saw his profile pic, with the face mask and middle finger, I felt confident I was getting a square deal. 

Sound judgement for sure, Chris. Only the most reputable and honest meteorite dealers can afford to behave so arrogant and condescending. Probably a ruse to throw off those annoying tire kickers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sound judgement for sure, Chris. Only the most reputable and honest meteorite dealers can afford to behave so arrogant and condescending. Probably a ruse to throw off those annoying tire kickers.

Absolutely! Some guys just have a knack for turning normal rocks into priceless meteorites. Some form of Alchemy perhaps? He is probably one of the chosen few who uses only a camera and his eyes to hunt and is able to find several every trip, even in the dark! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should probably mention I’ve never found one, I’m still an absolute novice even with metal detecting gold. I have, however, really been enjoying the meteorite forum lately! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick, on offerup, is one of the most successful meteorite hunters there is. Nearly every unusual rock he comes across is a meteorite. What a track record! Below are four of his many finds offered.

His most expensive, and well worth it I think, is his Iron Nickel Pallasite weighing in at a hefty 200 kg for $480,000. You can tell how valuable it is because all of the pallasitic gems are locked hidden away inside for future display and exploitation.  What makes this rock especially valuable is that the hidden interior space gems have holistic crystalline powers giving super strength to anyone who possesses the rock so that they can pick it up with just one hand! 

https://photos.offerup.com/fqeBIxqMEJjjUYfUccfdphNZOwU=/600x450/d049/d049927612c84f8e93e44f837ac65917.jpg

 

This is the Canyon Diablo Parasite (sic) Meteorite on sale for the low price $2,800.00. If you don't have any parasites in your collection now is your chance.

Canyon Diablo parasite for Sale in Tempe, AZ

 

This is his brilliant, aquamarine Iron Meteorite Matrix. A bargain for just $75.00. If you hold it up to your ear you can hear the ocean.

Iron meteorite Matrix stone

 

Finally, this fabulous Meteorite Matrixed Pallasite is a steal at $7,500.00. See if you can spot the emerald green pallasite gems inside with your keen imagination. 

Meteorite matrixed pallasite

 

Cheers!

billpeters

Edited by billpeters
humor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, billpeters said:

Patrick, on offerup, is one of the most successful meteorite hunters there is. Nearly every unusual rock he comes across is a meteorite. What a track record!

He and Jimale must have gone to the same meteorite finding school.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caliche Chris said:

I should probably mention I’ve never found one, I’m still an absolute novice even with metal detecting gold. I have, however, really been enjoying the meteorite forum lately! 

Me too, I've probably tripped over some but I've never misrepresented misrepresented one for sale either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mikestang said:

He and Jimale must have gone to the same meteorite finding school.

Be careful Mike. If you mention his name three times in the same thread he appears in a cloud of sulfur smoke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...