Nugget Shooter Forums

Well it's official.   Summer's just days away.

Cazy chit. Just earlier today I told WWWW ( Wicket Wanda the Wonder Wife) we need some new humming bird feeders this year... The first one of the year just shown up just now. Guess they had they're ears on. I managed to find one feeder still functional and got it up. They must travel in groups. I've counted like 7 different birds this morning. Guess they see this house as a Dependable Source of Suckers ?

Time to dig out the Sluice and head up the hill I guess. 
  • Like 3

Yep, you can just about set the calendar using the things.   Actually I'm thinking these guys are a few days early this year .  Usually the first two or three days of this month. 

Been expecting the Girls to show up this week.   NONE .   Guess they had to do they're feathers before the trip.  You know them Girls. 

I dont know chrisski they disappear when it snows in Phoenix? although rare. maybe they don't like crashing into snow flakes.
I think they migrate in most areas? they are fun to watch. amazing little birds.
AzNuggetBob

We had them most of the year round in Tucson but not the whole year. For sure but here they all head down into Deep Mexico or further.

In the Sierra's they show up in early spring ..when it warms up a bit.  I have 2 feeders going..there are hundreds living in the nearby oak trees..swooping down like a f16..to the feeders. At times they buzz so close to me I wonder how the heck maneuver so fast and change directions instantly.