Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DOC

Why didn't I think of this before?

As you all know I made a cover for the GPZ7000 a long time ago, but I never made an arm cuff cover for it.  With the GPZ7000 being such a heavy machine, a padded arm cuff cover really feels good.

So anyway, I designed one and I just got them in.  So place your orders through Bill.  The cost is just $19.95.  (does not include shipping if Bill has to mail it to you.)

Oh and by the way, have you gotten tired of losing your Ferrite Ring yet?  I have after market Ferrite Rings too, with a plastic lanyard and plastic clip so you can carry them on your belt loop.  Get them from Bill.  $14.95  (does not include shipping if Bill has to mail it to you.)

I am sure you have learned this already, but Ferrite Rings re brittle.  Don't throw them on the ground!  Lay them down.  With the no metal plastic lanyard and plastic hook you can lay the entire assembly on the ground until you balance your detector then snap it back on your belt.

Doc20190326_182104.jpg20190326_181956.jpg20190326_170714.jpg20190326_182252.jpg

• Like 6

I guess you never stop thinking, Doc....more goodies to help Prospectors!

fred

Nice design doc on armcuff cover....

I have broken a many ferrite Rings by throwing them down.... what I have found to stop them breaking is wrap them in electrical tape, I havent had one break yet, and toss them down on the ground...

dave.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2019 at 7:30 PM, DolanDave said:

Nice design doc on armcuff cover....

I have broken a many ferrite Rings by throwing them down.... what I have found to stop them breaking is wrap them in electrical tape, I havent had one break yet, and toss them down on the ground...

dave.

I was wondering if maybe dipping them in that liquid rubber that you are supposed to dip tool handles in would give them some protection.

Doc

• Like 4

Man that sounds like a plan, as long as that stuff is nonconductive.  

Old Tom

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Old Tom said:

Man that sounds like a plan, as long as that stuff is nonconductive.  

Old Tom

That got me thinking Old Tom. don't use JB weld its loaded with ground steel. 

AzNuggetBob

• Like 1

Hi Doc,

One of your many talents has been inventing or modifying things for many years to make them much more practical and useful in the field.

You really do a great job of helping others get the first-class help they need in the field.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I bought a ferrite ring from Rob and no joke as I unwrapped it in my kitchen it fell out of my hands and broke immediately.  

I used my wife’s hot glue gun and smothered glue on both sides and still going 💪🏼 strong.  Similar to Dave’s electrical tape.

nice design Doc!!!  I’ll have my order in soon.  Thank you!!

brownie 

Edited by Brownnugget
  • Like 3

Sure Doc ... Now you do that after I have sold my GPZ! :inocent::D:old:

• Haha 2

Hey Doc, how about a padded arm cuff for the Equinox?  The one supplied has a cheap rubber padding that comes off.

Please send me a demo for testing.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Hey Doc, how about a padded arm cuff for the Equinox?  The one supplied has a cheap rubber padding that comes off.

Please send me a demo for testing.

Mitchel

I like that idea too Doc. please put me on your list for a free demo.  :) AzNuggetBob

just kidding Doc.

Edited by AzNuggetBob

Bill has padded arm cuffs for the Equinox for sale.  Pre-tested and approved.

Doc

Are they waterproof?

Put my arm cuff on today Doc thank you!  Another quality product from you. On a sidenote how is your head healed up? 🤕

On 4/5/2019 at 5:11 AM, mn90403 said:

Are they waterproof?

NO, not waterproof.  Just gives you the ability to use your Detector Pro's with the detectors.

Doc

On 4/5/2019 at 12:37 PM, Brownnugget said:

Put my arm cuff on today Doc thank you!  Another quality product from you. On a sidenote how is your head healed up? 🤕

My head healed up really well, certainly much better than I thought it would.  From this to this.  The doctor recommended I use this scar cream as it healed and apparently the stuff works pretty good.  Doc20181030_095716.jpg20190407_171903.jpg

Doc

• Like 2
  • well done 1