Nugget Shooter Forums
Ahmad

Gold coin weight 31.85gr

HelloIMG-20190326-WA0007.jpgIMG-20190326-WA0006.jpgIMG-20190326-WA0005.jpg

Is this original coin a pure gold? Please evaluate it if it is genuine

• Like 1

I would say it's not a real coin, it should weight 33.40 grams, a real coin could lose a little bit of weight from being worn from being in circulation, maybe .10 of a gram but not anywhere close to 1.55 grams in weight lost, the real coin would not be pure gold, it would be 90% gold and 10% copper, most all gold coins that were made for being used as money are not pure gold because gold is a soft metal and if the coins were pure gold they would wear out much too quickly, when they add 10% or more copper it makes the gold coins much more durable.

You can also check the diameter of the coin, it should be 34 millimeters.

Some of the details look off as well but I can't zoom in close enough to say much more than that because the photos are a little blurry especially when enlarged.

Your coin could possibly be gold but you would have to have it tested to find out, but if it is I would guess it has a much lower percentage of gold than a real one would have, even if it were real it wouldn't be worth much more than the gold value to a collector as it's not a "key" date coin, meaning it's not that rare, there were 1,874,460 of these coins minted.

• Thanks 1

Is someone making fake coins and  this forum is being used to "test" them?  Why are so many showing up?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LipCa said:

هل يصنع شخص عملات معدنية مزيفة ويستخدم هذا المنتدى "لاختبارها"؟ لماذا تظهر الكثير؟

I am a very few experts in the coins I am using you as an expert and ask the help of the forum in my country Many forgers and fraudsters I see you in this forum Good people love to help if my publications bother you I apologize again I tell you I have few experience, especially American and European coins Please accept my apologies

For over 30 years now it has been well known in the numismatic community that underweight but otherwise excellent forgeries of US $5.00 gold pieces have been imported from Lebanon.

• Thanks 2

Oops, I have a few of those $5 gold pieces. Maybe I need to check them out?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahmad said:

I am a very few experts in the coins I am using you as an expert and ask the help of the forum in my country Many forgers and fraudsters I see you in this forum Good people love to help if my publications bother you I apologize again I tell you I have few experience, especially American and European coins Please accept my apologies

Ahmad, I understand that you are not very experienced in US coins, so it is not a problem for you to be posting these coins for our opinion of them, hopefully you get one that is a real coin sooner or later.

I don't mind giving my opinion on any questions you may have, if I know the answer to your questions.

Do the coins you have been posting belong to you or are they coins you are looking at buying? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

أحمد ، أنا أفهم أنك لست خبيرًا جدًا في العملات المعدنية الأمريكية ، لذا فليس من مشكلة بالنسبة لك أن تقوم بنشر هذه العملات المعدنية في رأينا بشأنها ، آمل أن تحصل على عملة معدنية حقيقية عاجلاً أم آجلاً.

لا أمانع في إبداء رأيي بشأن أي أسئلة قد تكون لديكم ، إذا كنت أعرف الإجابة عن أسئلتك.

هل العملات التي نشرتها ملك لك أم أنها عملات معدنية تبحث عنها؟ 

Thank you for your kindness. It is not my property. I am collecting coins, selling and buying. There are those who offer it to me to sell it as real and then I send pictures to the forum to find out what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahmad said:

Thank you for your kindness. It is not my property. I am collecting coins, selling and buying. There are those who offer it to me to sell it as real and then I send pictures to the forum to find out what it is.

Well then I'm even more happy to help so you don't get a bad deal from a seller.

• Thanks 1

And now we know... thank you. I have never seen so many counterfeits... What country(countries) are they coming from?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LipCa said:

والآن نحن نعرف ... شكرا لك. لم أر قط الكثير من المنتجات المزيفة ... ما هي البلاد (البلدان) التي أتوا منها؟

Syria Turkey Iraq