Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello, it’s been awhile since my last posting. I kinda figure that y’all got tired of viewing my collection. A friend gave this to me. I think that it’s is real at first glance I thought it was man made. I appreciate any thoughts you have on this. Roxyann gem and mineral show 4-6 4-7 at the Jackson County expo center can’t wait. If in the area it’s a good event. Thank you for any replies 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Let me preface this by first saying do not take my opinion as gospel, primarily because I’m uncomfortable giving it based on photos alone. I’d be more comfortable if I could see it in person.

I think this is real. It’s a copper mineral called malachite. It’s deposited slowly over time. A piece like this has a uniform color on the surface when found in nature. Specimens like are ground fairly smooth and then polished. This exposes the different layers giving it the concentric rings. This is something they do to specimens that are too thin or uneven to cut into slabs.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if an artist started to carve malachite into a Buddha rubbing his stomach with a hand behind his head and never quite finished his work.

• Like 1

Thank y’all for your replies. I too think it’s real malachite specimen. I have other malachite specimens. This one is to pretty to be a “rock” lol thanks again

roxyann gem& mineral show 4-6 4-7 if your anywhere close go it’s well worth it