Nugget Shooter Forums

Back Yard Visitors...Lots of them

Uncle Ron

Yo All...Late Tues. afternoon I heard some unusual sounds coming from our backyard water hole ... We've had these critters often but never this many Javalinas at once!  The babies born a few months ago are growing fast....Cheers, Unc

20190319_181421.jpg

20190319_181115.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wow that is quite a herd and a great picture. We have the wild pigs around here, the ones around 100lbs are very good eating the meat is red unlike the pink pork in the market. They also do a lot of damage rooting up the ground that many wild pigs on my lawn would destroy it in no time. Does not look like the Javelins are root much.

Bob

• Like 1

Nice picture.  Never noticed the collar looking stripe around the neck.  I've only seen them once running from my truck. Now that I'm getting into planting would be worried they'd get to my garden.  So much more work than just putting a seed in the ground and coming back months later.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, Morlock said:

Can't you just go outside and shoo them away? 😀

Funny visual!  I was driving through Arivaca, AZ about 20 years ago and saw a lady standing on her back porch with a broom in her hand trying to shoo away a large herd of Javalinas that was destroying her flower bed. They ignored her until she waded out into them swinging her broom, then they slowly ambled out into traffic, seemingly not bothered by passing cars. Looked like they pretty much had the run of the place . . .

10 hours ago, BMc said:

Funny visual!  I was driving through Arivaca, AZ about 20 years ago and saw a lady standing on her back porch with a broom in her hand trying to shoo away a large herd of Javalinas that was destroying her flower bed. They ignored her until she waded out into them swinging her broom, then they slowly ambled out into traffic, seemingly not bothered by passing cars. Looked like they pretty much had the run of the place . . .

I meant it as comic humor. I just can't imagine someone actually trying to shoo them away. Being from the big city, any wild animal with tusks is to be avoided at all costs. Perhaps I've been watching too many horror movies.😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cool pic Unc. 

I believe in a past post you had some cool pics of them also last year or so. They do a lot of damage but i think thats why he made the water hole, so they could watch them and the other critters that come in to water. If i remember right. Now on the other side of things, you got yourself a nice blind if you ever need a meal haha. Thanks for sharing. 

They do taste pretty good for being a rodent!

On 3/21/2019 at 11:02 PM, LipCa said:

Looks like they are going to ruin your lawn.....

It doesn't look like there is any lawn to begin with, but I live in NorCal and my front lawn is deep green and thick.