Nugget Shooter Forums

Trying to decide which of this two for gold nugget and perhaps once in a while beach detecting could they be used as all in one ?

Any info from users that have experience would be appreciated  

Posted (edited)

I have owned both the GMT and the GB2 for about 20 years...The GB2 is excellent for fly poop nugs and bigger...The GMT is good for dinks, and,  once you've put enough hours on it, you'll find it will go deeper than the GB2 and has the added advantage of of a visual ID...Once you figure that out, it also works great on coins in the park and all goodies on the beach...The GB2 has a major learning curve and you have to train your ear but when you do, you can use sound to tell difference between birdshot and golden dinks...Both of mine are well worn and I usually carry 3 or 4 detectors...My ML GPX 4500, SD 2100, ML Gold Monster, GB2 and GMT...This gives me wide latitude according conditions... My 2 cents...Cheers, Unc

Edited by Uncle Ron
oops
  • Like 3

Thank you for the great knowledgeable  info,this is what makes this forums great people willing to share their life experiences .

Izzme, the GB II can find itsy bits of gold as small as 1/20th grain using the 6" coil. The GMT, using  the standard 10x6 coil, can easily find 1/10 grain flakes. When gold is $1,300.00 per ounce, we are talking about a 14 cent versus 27 cent target. But, the GMT has much more depth, handles mineralized ground much better, has automatic ground balance, has instantaneous ground balance, plus has iron ID and iron grunt (saves a vast amount of unnecessary digging), plus multiple speed self-adjusting threshold, and is much easier to use, especially for a novice. As for hunting on wet salt beaches, neither machine is well suited. Hope this helps' HH Jim

• Like 5

Jimmy,Thank you and yes it does help when you explain in detail.

What would you recommend for beach detecting from what ive been reading some here have more then one detector ?

Thanks

izzme, yes, many of us here have more than one detector, for differing applications. Yes, there are some very good "do it all" detectors, such as the M 7, MXT, Equinox 800, etc. For wet salt, black sand beaches PI's outperform VLF's.

On 3/20/2019 at 12:31 PM, izzme said:

What would you recommend for beach detecting

I could recommend a couple.. However, see below..

On 3/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, Jimmy M said:

As for hunting on wet salt beaches, neither machine is well suited. 

True, for multiple reasons.. Keep going..

On 3/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, izzme said:

Trying to decide which of this two for gold nugget and perhaps once in a while beach detecting could they be used as all in one ?

There is one only marketed as such under a grand: Equinox 800.. Nothing else comes close..

Swamp

• Like 1