Nugget Shooter Forums

Thinking of moving to Bullhead or kingman

grubstake

Well the place I'm renting in Catheys Valley Ca, has a leak in the roof, and Its been 26 days since we told my landlord we had a black mold problem in the walls, Not fixed yet, My wife and I might have to move, Not that we want to, but we both have health problems and this black mold is doing us in,So we are looking to rent somewhere in the Kingman Bullhead area, This really sucks when you can't get your landlord to fix crap. Grubstake

• Sad 1

Come on over Grubby...the water is nice. :)

Depends on what you like. Kingman sits a bit higher than Bullhead and can get colder in the winter. Bullhead gets a little hotter in the summer, but is right on the river. Both towns have gold detecting within a reasonable drive. The river towns can get crowded during tourist season...be warned.

Nothing wrong with Golden Valley...right between Kingman and Bullhead...about 3100ft elev.

Getting a little harder to find rentals , but only 10 miles to Kingman and about 23 to Bullhead.

Great Tips, I know Bullhead is hot in the summer, Wife and I were there a few years ago in July and it was really hot, but not much hotter than where I live now, it got to 112 last summer here. Grubstake

• Like 1

They said electric was high there, But it can't be any higher than mine it runs $365.00 amonth here, PGE in in bank ruptcy. Land lord fix one panel of sheet rock yesterday, we will see what happens now, roof has to be fixed. Grubstake

37 minutes ago, grubstake said:

They said electric was high there, But it can't be any higher than mine it runs $365.00 amonth here, PGE in in bank ruptcy. Land lord fix one panel of sheet rock yesterday, we will see what happens now, roof has to be fixed. Grubstake

Wow! Those must be some expensive electrons Grubby! Are you sure your wife is not growing weed in the shed? :brows:

This is an all electric trailer. Cook stove, heat, and air all electric. Really high. Its runs the same every month. $365.00.I'm on rate averaging. So it stays the same. Grubstake

For both the cities you mentioned, I would just look at the hospitals to see if they have what you need.  Both those towns you mentioned are big, but quite isolated.  I am spoiled in the Phoenix Valley with the hundreds of providers available for hundreds of different types of medicines.  If you get treatment from the VA, they have a Clinic in Surprise which is not too far from Wickenburg where the campout is held.  The actual VA hospital itself in Downton Phoenix is huge and about 30 to 45 minutes past the VA clinic.  Going to the VA hospital is "hurry up and wait," and actually brought back good memories, but I can be a glutton for punishment.

Can't be any worse than here, I go to the Va Clinic in Merced, 35 miles away, but only get to see my primary DR. every 6 months, They are just maintaining me, not much else they can do for my heart, they told my wife, Garys heart is like mush, 11 stents and a 5x's bypass, &0 years old, they said I would never make it to 70. proved them wrong on that! Grubstake

• well done 2

Appears there's a VA clinic (not hospital) in Kingman, but none in Laughlin city.  Nearest VA hospital I know is Phoenix.  The clinics do not like Emergency care.  I was sitting in one and someone came in with a cut bad enough to get stitches, and they sent him away to go to an emergency room.  Not sure how much care a clinic can give.  Wickenburg in the Phoenix valley is within an hour to hour and a half drive to the VA Hospital.  That gets you the remote atmosphere within a reasonable distance of a clinic.  I can't speak to the VA health care, all my experiences were when I separated from the service a few years ago.  Some people I know who used it for their health care say that when they finally got an appointment, the health care was fine, but there was a huge wait.

Tell you what Gary,....Unless you just "like the "HEAT"", :89:I would not recommend either Bullhead City, nor Kingman for a move.  I have lived and worked in both areas in my younger days working construction out in it, and now, the only time that I "may possibly go back for "any" reason" would be during the winter months.  It isn't just the Heat over there, the Humidity drains you of energy during the day as well.  So,...If you like to sweat, those are the places to be.  As Mike mentioned earlier, Prescott has a VA facility (which I also go to for any of my medical) and the temps up around the Prescott / Prescott Valley area are usually 12 to 15 degrees cooler (on average) during the summer than the Phoenix-Scorch-temps that are the norm down there.  Gary  

• Like 1

Boy Your right Frank. This is Democratic  safe haven, I'm tired of all the bullcrap. It would cost us a lot to move, but I'm sure thinking on it really bad! Grubstake