Nugget Shooter Forums

Is this reasonable?

I have a Minelab Eureka Gold detector that I am trying to get rid of and would like some opinions on whether what I am asking for is reasonable. 

My Eureka comes with the detector, the Koss headphones, two 12V battery packs (one used and one new in plastic),  two stock 10x5 coils (one used and one new in plastic), a Minelab carry bag, and a neoprene camo control box cover.  I am asking for $500 or best offer OR trade for either a Gold Screamer Power Pack System for a GPX or a NuggetFinder Evo 14x9 coil with skid plate for a GPX. 

Another thing I'm contemplating is doing a straight across trade for a gold nugget dollar-for-dollar value. So, what would be a fair size nugget to trade for? I would really prefer a solid nugget instead of a specimen, but if I did consider a specimen I would like it to have enough gold value to match my asking price. 

Please share you thoughts or ideas. 

17 minutes ago, adam said:

No, its not reasonable. I see several detectors up for sale that the sellers are asking way to much. 

I suggest you indicate what you think would be reasonable and why.  That would be helpful.  

Even if you had three new coils, it's still a Minelab Eureka.....

Some things are not as 'valuable' as they once were.

Ask $300 and get a used EVO.

7 hours ago, kwah said:

I suggest you indicate what you think would be reasonable and why

As luke stated above. 

It is also my personal opinion and not a shot against Chris. If everyone was talking about a Eureka Gold, then the value would go up. If he was selling a GM 1000 for $ 400, then it likely would have been sold already. 

• Like 1

It all depends how fast you want something to sell. I hate waiting to sell stuff and dealing with flakes. I just list stuff cheap and get it gone quick. If your item isn't selling fast enough lower your price considerably.

17 hours ago, adam said:

No, its not reasonable. I see several detectors up for sale that the sellers are asking way to much. 

Yep, except for Rods Z.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Throw it on Ebay. Get more people looking at it.

Some time spent on Ebay will definitely give an idea what they are selling for.

Ebay and Craigslist are my go-to spots to get an idea of what something is worth.

Free education.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I will just go ahead keep the Eureka. I paid $240 for the coil and the battery pack,  so selling it for any less would be basically giving the detector away for free with the new items. Guess it never hurts to have too much than not enough. 😊😁👍

• Like 3

Heck you never know, you might need a spare for a breakdown situation or a friend/family if they ever go. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, adam said:

It is also my personal opinion and not a shot against Chris.

Adam, just an FYI, I personally never took anything you said as a shot against me. Just want you to know that! I am hoping to make it to the outing, but that will depend on whether or not we are forced to work overtime. Thanks for the offer to chat. If I can't take you up on it this time, I will certainly be happy to talk with you at another outing.... or on here! Whichever you prefer. 

The Eureka is a decent detector but its definitely "old news", like lots of older model VLFs out there. Electronics of all sorts depreciate fast, whether its a TV, car stereo, or a metal detector. The only one's that seem to  get much interest at the moment are the Monster and the GB2. I'd expect to get $300-$350 for it.