Nugget Shooter Forums

Well, its been a while..but, myself and some friends were finally able to get over some gold! 

Went back to Road wash. to hit it again after about a year of letting the rains move some stuff around. Road wash didnt give up anything, but......Golden diaper wash did! :) 

Went back to a trib James found about 7 grams in, and I had gotten 3 grams after him. Stuff was moved around and I was able to get another gram out of it.  I get almost to the top and Luke comes over from hunting another parallel trib that did not give up anything. I told him to go up in front of me and hit the rest but he didnt want to take my "new" ground and said he would just detect over the wash I had come up.....Well........he spanked my butt!!!  I missed some. And he got the most with 2 grams.  Either due to my smaller coil, He had a 15" and really good ears,   or going too fast or im just a retard :) Anyway.... He hit a nice one about a foot downstream from one I had to chip out 8 inches of bedrock to get to. I just plain missed that other one. DOH!. But it was all for the good. 

Scott was able to score a little guy with his SDC he got from Bill also. Luke gave him a lot of great pointers on using it. 

All in all it was a fantastic day out in the hills with friends, finding gold and helping each other. YAH~~~

Tom H. 

SAM_2128.JPG

SAM_2129.JPG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • well done 2

Great times! Thanks for the invite Tom! Luke is the man for giving me some much needed pointers... I would not have gotten gold without him literally telling me "thats a target"... :brows: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Looks like you all had a great day out, congrats gentlemen.

• Like 2

Nice to see a field trip report!  Well done on the gold :brows:

• Like 4

I don't know, looks like a lot of standing around to me! :4chsmu1:

Nice to see you guys were able to get over some gold. Wtg!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like a fun hunt and some nice little scores...WTG...Cheers, Unc

• Like 2

Sweet finds, and it sounds like the gold came in a close second to the fun you were having out there together.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3

very cool, all!   I have to agree, that first pic is classic.  Standing around, all looking at the ground and wondering, ...

"ya really think there is something left here??"  ....

Tom: "yup!"

LOL  - NICE WORK!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

:4chsmu1:

It sure was a good day.

Thanks for the invite Tom and thanks for leaving some gold to be found....  :ROFL:

I was happy to 'pay it forward' with regards to helping a guy out with his shiny new toy.  Someone, not so long ago, did the same for me and everything changed after that.

It's fun finding gold, but when other people see you find gold, it's just that much better.  Everyone learns something in the process.

Thanks again Tom !!  :)

Luke

• Like 6

…..and warn me next time you want to take a picture so I can suck my gut in.   :old:

• Haha 3

Detecting is the best....way to go dudes.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lanny in AB said:

Sweet finds, and it sounds like the gold came in a close second to the fun you were having out there together.

All the best,

Lanny

Oh heck yah..Gold was second..Time with buds was first. ..It was a great time out with friends. :) 

Tom H. 

• Like 3

Yup! Friends, gold and yellow rocks! Fun day for sure! WTG guys!

• Like 2