Nugget Shooter Forums

Missing Antarctica Meteorites

I know you're joking, but in reality they want to avoid melting the ice by all means to keep the meteorites dry; that's why the meteorites remain frozen until they reach the nitrogen storage vault.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mikestang said:

that's why the meteorites remain frozen until they reach the nitrogen storage vault.

What's the purpose of this? I can understand doing this for stonies, esp CC's.…But irons?

I remember  seeing an ad in the Smithsonian magazine years ago for a meteorite hunting expedition to the Antarctica. They were asking $25,000.00 per person for everything. I'm curious if they actually signed up enough people to make it worthwhile. This was probably back in the 80's so we'll never know.

• Like 1

enlisted in navy april 1964, was accepted for an antarctica exposdition in september 1965, but in october they changed it to viet nam, ended up doing three tours in nam when discharged in april 1968. every cop and every judge since have thanked me for me service before throwing me ass in jail. so don't thank me, have had enough jail time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

enlisted in navy april 1964, was accepted for an antarctica exposdition in september 1965, but in october they changed it to viet nam, ended up doing three tours in nam when discharged in april 1968. every cop and every judge since have thanked me for me service before throwing me ass in jail. so don't thank me, have had enough jail time.

I enjoyed your last sentence, very funny!! :25r30wi:

I will thank you for your service and you don't even have to worry about going to jail this time!! :thumbsupanim

• Like 2