Nugget Shooter Forums

lynx creek

JOHNM

wondering how much flow is in lynx?  is the snow melted yet?  i will be cold i'm sure but i will not get wet. can i even get to the camp ground in 2 wheel drive?

Edited by JOHNM
add

Have you contacted the campground or looked at the Prescott National Forest site?  They are the best source about whether its open or not.  A few years ago, I went there during the winter, and one was open, but the other campgrounds closed.  I look at the forest service website before I go out there ever since I did a big trip and I found a road closed sign where I wanted to go.  There's also another no charge site on the southern portion before the houses start, Bannie Mine I think.

• Like 1

The entrances (north and south) are currently Closed due to the heavy snow in the area;....may not open until spring???  Check with the Prescott National Forest Service.  I don't know about the Bannie Mine area, that road is definitely Not maintained.  There is probably a good 2-3 ft  of snow up here yet.

17 hours ago, LowPoint said:

The entrances (north and south) are currently Closed due to the heavy snow in the area;....may not open until spring???  Check with the Prescott National Forest Service.  I don't know about the Bannie Mine area, that road is definitely Not maintained.  There is probably a good 2-3 ft  of snow up here yet.

I am surprised that road would be closed with the amount of houses there and the Walker fire station.  Had talked about going up there with a coworker who may be bring his father who couldn't get around so well.

Chris ... wait a couple weeks like Gary suggested. I got 16" of snow out of the last storm out here in Coyote Springs (Prescott Valley North) at 5100'. The Lynx is up another thousand or so and in some places more so they probably have had at least a couple feet. Third day after the storm I still have about 8" in my yard and it has been cold here other than a few hours each day getting above 32 degrees. No doubt water is flowing in Lynx as I have seen it on the lower end where it crosses Fain and Rte 69 ... it was flowing there the other day when I went by. There was even water in the Aqua Fria so I am sure you will have plenty of water in a couple weeks. Lots of shadows down by the creek also so it will be that much more difficult for the snow to melt.