Nugget Shooter Forums

Australia Here I Come

mn90403

I've bought a ticket (rt to Melbourne) to go hunt for nuggets in the Golden Triangle for 3 weeks in May.  I'll stay my entire time in Victoria and may also hit some beaches.

If you have any suggestions for me please let me know.

Mitchel

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Mitchel

Leave the 20 to 30 ounce nuggets behind and concentrate on the 400 to 500 ounce whoppers.

Seriously, I hope you have a great time and find lots of nuggets. That's a lifetime dream of mine but never came into fruitation. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Thanks great. I'm really looking forward to reading about your trip. Amy and I have talked about visiting OZ one day to detect so the more we learn, the better. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2019 at 6:57 PM, mn90403 said:

I've bought a ticket (rt to Melbourne) to go hunt for nuggets in the Golden Triangle for 3 weeks in May.  I'll stay my entire time in Victoria and may also hit some beaches.

Mitchel

Something that's still on the bucket list, hope you have a great time and find some good gold.

All the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1

Have a terrific time

I had a invite from my high school bud to go there for 3 weeks ,he lives in Jackson ca. and met malcom from Sydney who is a engineer on the bullet train up in San Francisco.  they became great friends for 5 yrs and malcom went home a few mos. back. So my bud Larry is going by himself and invited me but I can't go . Malcom has 3 homes  one  in Sydney one in Queensland and one in Lighting Ridge in the Opel mines . Which is on the border of the gold fields. Larry said malcolm is going to drive across Australia to tour him . He said malcolm knows a big gold miner that has a huge operation that I could mine if I go .🤔🤔🤔🤔😢😢

Edited by H-2 Charlie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Morlock said:

How about giving us a recap of your trip to England?

I have not been to England.  That would be a bucket list trip.

There are some things about that trip that would be 'better' because you don't have to do any research.  You go where they take you and you do the best you can on the fields you are working.  You don't really have an option like in Victoria.

Hey, Mitch.  Are you boxing that GPZ up in a gun case or in the original Minelab box?  Just curious.  Shipping has always been my greatest concern ...    well that and getting skunked after flying 8,000 miles.  But I have my money on you finding gold!!  Make us proud!

• Like 1