Nugget Shooter Forums

14 hours ago, daffy said:

Just streaked the black part a bunch of times. black as well with the grey

20190224_133820.jpg

Okay that’s what I was thinking. The black streak indicates magnetite which I expected from the appearance of that coating. To me it does not really appear to be a fusion crust but a coating! The interior appears to be loaded with quarts and really looks a lot like granite for example which meteorites don’t contain.  Also the size in relationship to your hand would indicate that the stone is not dense enough to be a meteorite. A meteorite that size should weight approximately double what you posted in the scale picture. Sorry but Unfortunately I have to disagree that this is potentially a meteorite. The picture of the meteorite in my hand weights about 90 grams that’s how I came up with the general idea your stone is not the correct density to be a meteorite .

DC5A9697-4D31-4721-A16B-5964B44A048F.jpeg

1B0E7212-7E52-40BF-BF91-92D5E7FB530B.jpeg

Edited by Rocky
8 hours ago, daffy said:

darn hahaha well ill see yous next time I find a cool meteor wrong lol cheers for the info and help 

That’s what I like to hear!! Keep them coming, keep searching and I’ll bet you will find one if you stay determined!!! It’s certainly the right look just about!!!

• Like 1
On February 20, 2019 at 8:10 PM, daffy said:

I can see some very tiny flakes of metal In it now i have filed more off.

Must have been small filings from the file adhering to the surface; you may want to clean the surface and then look at it again under magnification, as granite will never contain metal flakes.