Nugget Shooter Forums
Chris Coffee

Back from a 4 year hiatus with a new GM1000

Hello everyone,

It has been several years since I have posted on this forum, or done any detecting for that matter. Went through some pretty trying times in life but have come through better than I ever imagined, so I'm back to detecting again. Some of you may remember me, and for those who don't me.....HELLO :shake2: nice to meet you!!! Went out with DOC this past weekend with my new GM1000 and had a blast. Found one little dink, but spending the day with my buddy Doc was worth more than any amount of gold.

.Chris & Doc.jpg

I have not been up-to-date with all the current  (or older) clubs, so I am open to any suggestions. I will primarily be hunting the Mojave Desert areas of California, but plan to make several trips per year to different areas of Arizona. Looking to join clubs NOT like the GPAA. I've been there, done that, won't do it again....lol. So, I am all ears folks. Tell me your best suggestions for clubs to join. Thank you.

• Like 9

Welcome back Chris 

Welcome back!

Welcome back! Barstow; I wish I'd known there was there when I went to Ft Irwin.  Beautiful desert, especially in the cooler months like now.

Welcome back Chris and good talking with you! :thumbsupanim

Welcome back Chris ... long time!

• Like 1

Chris,

Good to see you.

Are you still after the meteorites?

Mitchel

Hey I remember you !!!! You were the guy that found a nice big meteorite and sold it to those pawn star guys on TV.  :D.... call me back again sometime dude, the voicemail you left with your new number broke up real bad, and couldnt make it out...

Dave.

Welcome back to the forums, Chris...Cheers, Unc

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes, and welcome backs. I see a lot of names that I recognize here which is great. Glad to see that a lot of you are still around and active on this forum. I also see a lot of new names, which is very good as well because that means that our hobby is growing and becoming more addictive... LOL. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Hi Chris, Welcome back my friend.

How are you, Terry? It's been a while, my friend. I'll shoot you a message with my number today! 

On 2/18/2019 at 8:33 PM, Chris Coffee said:

Hello everyone,

It has been several years since I have posted on this forum, or done any detecting for that matter. Went through some pretty trying times in life but have come through better than I ever imagined, so I'm back to detecting again. Some of you may remember me, and for those who don't me.....HELLO :shake2: nice to meet you!!! Went out with DOC this past weekend with my new GM1000 and had a blast. Found one little dink, but spending the day with my buddy Doc was worth more than any amount of gold.

.Chris & Doc.jpg

I have not been up-to-date with all the current  (or older) clubs, so I am open to any suggestions. I will primarily be hunting the Mojave Desert areas of California, but plan to make several trips per year to different areas of Arizona. Looking to join clubs NOT like the GPAA. I've been there, done that, won't do it again....lol. So, I am all ears folks. Tell me your best suggestions for clubs to join. Thank you.

Doc really is a great guy! Glad you had a fun outing with him, and great to have you posting.

All the best,

Lanny

Thank you much for the post, Lanny. You are absolutely right about Doc. I am honored to know him and hope to get out more often with him. 

I also like viewing your posts as well. You've got some really nice pieces.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chris Coffee said:

Thank you much for the post, Lanny. You are absolutely right about Doc. I am honored to know him and hope to get out more often with him. 

I also like viewing your posts as well. You've got some really nice pieces.

I've been out in the desert chasing nuggets with Doc on a one-on-one expedition he organized for me when I was green to desert detecting. So green in fact, that he put me in a great spot (some undetected dry-wash piles), but I felt the gold had a better chance of being down in the wash: dumb, dumb, dumb! Doc hollered to me not long after to come up to see what he'd dug out of a pile right where I'd been (a sweet desert nugget!), talk about embarrassed.

What did I learn from the experience? If someone that knows an area and says, "this looks like a great spot", get busy beating the place to death as there's a far greater chance you'll be on the gold than there is that you'll just randomly come across it wandering around in a spot that looks good to the untrained eye! (My grandma had a plaque in her house that said, "We get too soon old and too late smart". It certainly applies to me . . .

All the best, and thanks for your kind comments,

Lanny

and the corollary to that is....Often Wrong, but never in doubt!

welcome back Chris...

fred

Thank you, Fred. I haven't given up completely yet...lol. 

Lanny, my eyes are still pretty untrained, but I'm working harder than ever to learn the right things. I have to admit that before I was a little lackadaisical when out came to the research and studying. But, now I really want to learn more and learn right. 

I have to say it's good seeing Doc back out too..!

Swamp