Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LowPoint

Isn't this a Gold Forum??,..

9 hours ago, oneguy said:

LowPoint….  I'm new at this nugget shootin thing and don't know what the hell caleeche is except I see you AZ. boys talk about it?  There is quarts mixed in some of this stuff.  I do clean the nuggs in Muratic acid and/or vinegar & salt which might leave some of that white looking stuff on the small nuggs….????

Caliche is a sedimentary, cement type of calcium carbonate. It binds other rocks into a tough, hard type of cement. Can be very difficult to hack into with a pick. The white stuff you see is calcium carbonate and can be dissolved away with vinegar or hydrochloric acid like you use. Vinegar takes much longer then acid for obvious reasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Very Nice.... Gary is an ornery feller, but can get some nice gold posted :rasberry:

I try Bill,....that's why I post this "same-question-every-year :00000067::2mo5pow:" ....and I might be (really-am) ornery, but I'm not tight :brows:-fisted and secretive :200:like you,...I mean come on...I asked to see what others have been finding gold-wise to "Liven-Up" this forum ("Gold-Wise"),;...and "what do you post????? only one nugget, and a couple of hand-fulls of rose quartz.:WOW:...I didn't ask to see your silly rose quartz collection  :grr01::89::barnie: I want to see one or two of your nuggets that you would probably claim that you don't have :4chsmu1::thumbsupanim:droolin:;...I mean it isn't as if we could just reach into the forum and snatch them away from ya  just for posting a picture;:rasberry:..and I can't speak for the others, but I haven't developed (as yet)  the ability to extract the GPS Coord's from a posted picture of gold nuggets, although the idea does sound enticing.:ROFL:  :yesss::droolin:.............."Mess'n-with-ya-Bill..............:laught16::25r30wi::inocent:

They are all loaded with gold..... Ham :ROFL:

• Like 1

1.6.0. Loonie Gold.JPG

Dollar coin in the picture for scale, full-size wide-bottom gold pan. Picture taken in the field before any cleaning of the gold (that's why the iron-staining as that gold sat next to and with the natural iron for untold eons). The geologist on site said the gold comes from an ancient channel around 60,000,000 years old. What a party my son, my wife (she did the panning of our scoops of dirt so we didn't have to slow down to isolate targets) and I had getting all of that gold with the detectors over two days. (I'll post the story on my thread.)

All the best,

Lanny

Edited by Lanny in AB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 1

Nice stuff Lanny....!!!!   While you're here maybe you could take some of this cold weather back up north where it belongs....?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Nice stuff Lanny....!!!!   While you're here maybe you could take some of this cold weather back up north where it belongs....?????

No kidding, someone needs to take it back north where it belongs. Our meteorologists are blaming it on Siberia, so the Russians can have it back anytime they wish.

I know you're getting far more than you want in Montana as well . . .

All the best,

Lanny

Sweet gold.....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Sweet gold.....

Been a while since we've had a face-to-face. Hope you meet you in the desert some time again; you're a great guy, and you made a lasting, good impression on me when I was just a pup out chasing the gold in the desert.

All the best, and thanks for your kindness all those years ago,

Lanny

• Like 3

A.Gold Bowl.JPG

Some of the same gold prettied up when we got back home.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lanny in AB said:

1.6.0. Loonie Gold.JPG

Dollar coin in the picture for scale, full-size wide-bottom gold pan. Picture taken in the field before any cleaning of the gold (that's why the iron-staining as that gold sat next to and with the natural iron for untold eons). The geologist on site said the gold comes from an ancient channel around 60,000,000 years old. What a party my son, my wife (she did the panning of our scoops of dirt so we didn't have to slow down to isolate targets) and I had getting all of that gold with the detectors over two days. (I'll post the story on my thread.)

All the best,

Lanny

Two days..?! Wow --- just, wow..!

Ok, I gots ta know: Is that a: "While we're off in this direction please persue that apparent end-of-the-line direction to see if it's worth coming back to..?" When I factor in both the on-site geologist and limited amount of time, neither other possibility makes sense to me, + include outside-of-work open land and private/personal claims..

( I suppose it's possible it could be a prelim, but if it's a "have at it before we need to start land reclamation" I'd have to say someones missed a lot of stuff they shouldn't have.. )

Thanks Lanny.. PS -- I don't want to take anything away from the forthcoming story, so if answering this would do so, just say so 10/fer.. We can wait.. :)

Swamp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Two days..?! Wow --- just, wow..!

Ok, I gots ta know: Is that a: "While we're off in this direction please persue that apparent end-of-the-line direction to see if it's worth coming back to..?" When I factor in both the on-site geologist and limited amount of time, neither other possibility makes sense to me, + include outside-of-work open land and private/personal claims..

( I suppose it's possible it could be a prelim, but if it's a "have at it before we need to start land reclamation" I'd have to say someones missed a lot of stuff they shouldn't have.. )

Thanks Lanny.. PS -- I don't want to take anything away from the forthcoming story, so if answering this would do so, just say so 10/fer.. We can wait.. :)

Swamp

I hope your questions will be answered in the story. If not, after you read the story, feel free to ask away.

All the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1