Nugget Shooter Forums
Alwaysdirty

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I managed to catch a break in the weather and make it out recently. No luck in several new washes so I hit a past producer for myself on the way out, I placered a few feet to what I thought was bedrock sticking up through the overburden, turns out it was a boulder with gravels wedged under it. It was too heavy to roll out of the way so with my pick I could only shimmy it over about a foot and prop it up, that was all it took to expose some hiding spots for gold.:yesss:  

20190201_121517.jpg

20190201_152954.jpg

.8 of a gram between the two.

• Like 15
  • well done 7

You sure like to roll boulders, Shay.  I remember another that got you a big one bro.  Good job and keep up the hard work, it pays off.

Old Tom

• Like 1

Great job on getting the gold from a hard place....BUT I wouldn't have use my detector to prop the boulder up! :idunno:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Great job on getting the gold from a hard place....BUT I wouldn't have use my detector to prop the boulder up! :idunno:

...cos I was thinking the same thing lol..!

WTG Shay, ^5..! :yesss:

Swamp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dang, that boulder-bend looks somewhat like one of mine,....I can tell right off, you need some help moving some of those boulders to get down to the goodies.  Wonder just how deep bedrock is under those boulders????

• Like 1

Congrats sir, great job.

• Like 1

Very nice.  I've never used my GM1000 as a pry bar.  LOL.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys!

14 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Dang, that boulder-bend looks somewhat like one of mine,....I can tell right off, you need some help moving some of those boulders to get down to the goodies.  Wonder just how deep bedrock is under those boulders????

Not very deep and all the rest shown in the pic is bedrock, this boulder was jammed up against that bedrock looking downstream. 

Ok...thats it....Im going to start rolling boulders! Seen it done  in person....now im a believer. Great score bud.

Got to post this again after you waited so patiently for us seasoned detectorests to hammer the area around your boulder, you asked if we were done and could you move this boulder....we were looking at you like...yah what ever,  you flipped out and POW!  :thumbsupanim

Tom H.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the great memories Tom! That was an amazing day and a huge turning point for me! So awesome.:thumbsupanim

• Haha 1

That's awesome Shay! Keep those rocks a rolling and of course nice nuggets.:yesss:

I remember that day well. Boulder dash lessons.... See what happens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1