Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi my user name is birdbrain59. I’m a newbie to this forum. I can’t wait to dive I’m a rock, mineral, fossil enthusiast. I feel like I have an awesome collection. I’d love to be able to some of collection and I hope I see some of the forums users collections.

• Like 2

Hey Birdbrain! Welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

Whip out some photos of your favorite rocks! We love that stuff.

Welcome indeed!

And like Bob here says, post up some pictures.

Edited by d_day

8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Hey Birdbrain! Welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

Whip out some photos of your favorite rocks! We love that stuff.

3 hours ago, d_day said:

Welcome indeed!

And like Bob here says, post up some pictures.

Ditto

Hello to all of you in the forum world. I’m so excited that someone actually responded to my first post. I don’t know yet how to upload photos but I’m certainly trying to learn. Any advice? I’m from Medford Oregon. A lot of my much loved collection is relatively close to my surroundings agates, obsidian, jasper etc. I don’t care about value it’s all very valuable to me. Thank you so much for the nice welcome

839D2426-8F07-4AC1-80C3-3C6A2C333845.jpeg

DA07F14B-AA7B-4C39-835C-F4F7B56F5562.jpeg

8358C9D9-E114-4DE8-94F0-C56EF8084CB5.jpeg

6FCC91B7-424E-4F53-935F-C3C4098192C3.jpeg

Edited by Birdbrain59
  • Like 4

Welcome to the forum Birdbrain!

Some very nice specimens! :thumbsupanim

Well....all but that last one, are you sure it's a rock, I'm thinking your cat left a specimen on your countertop, did you do a streak test on that one...bet it's brown!!! :ROFL:

Sweet specimens for sure. But like Skip, the last one resembles a petrified cat dropping haha. Welcome to the forum.

The last photo I petrified turtle scat. I got that at a rock and mineral show Rocky Ann gem & mineral show every April. I never miss on. Thank you for the replies. I haven’t even begun to show my collection. Which I really want to share with anyone who wants to look.

21E48C3A-E18F-48ED-8E69-B10C8DB26309.jpeg

C95F1D31-AF39-404F-A4B3-6C0C99C6BBCE.jpeg

2E1E5BAE-45EA-4624-A67E-DDA5D01CCF2B.jpeg

B8CD58C5-6F22-4B95-9A19-C014D6F6904F.jpeg

Edited by Birdbrain59
  • Like 3

Welcome Birdbrain!

The last pic in you first group of photos is called a "Coprolite"  Coprolite - Wikipedia.  That's a  paleontologist word for petrified poop.  :4chsmu1:  A cool find!

• Like 1

Thank 4meter 😂I kinda know that but had forgotten.  Does this look like coprolite?

F3F73AE3-1A58-4214-8E1C-8C5756B94884.jpeg

Edited by Birdbrain59

Here is another one of my collection. I love this one.

A233046C-01BB-441A-8665-3B29BB51F08F.jpeg

Edited by Birdbrain59
Add photo
  • Like 1

Its a superficial resemblance to a Coprolite but I think it is an oblong piece of gray limestone with some sort of filling (pink stuff).  Very nice collection you have there Birdbrain.  Did you find all of it, inherit some or a combination?

Both I have friends that know my obsession so a lot of my collection was given to me. I have found a lot too over the years. Anytime I step out I’m looking for specimens. I feel fortunate I live on oregon so I have many options out my back door. Thank you! It’s so fun sharing my collection even if it’s by photo. 

0F1B4D56-84C2-4DFA-B78C-21307D9F0238.jpeg

Edited by Birdbrain59
Add a photo
  • Like 1

I like your style my friend! You have a great assortment of stones.

Oregon is a rock collectors paradise. Thunder eggs, petrified wood,etc. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Oregon is a rock collectors paradise. Thunder eggs, petrified wood,etc. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

I love carnelian agate. I have seen huge slabs of that pretty stuff from Oregon! I always wanted to go hunt some there. 

I saw a YouTube where they were picking up big palm sized sabs of the stuff that looked like pink ribbon candy. They were somewhere in a volcanic field in western Oregon.

Hey Birdbrain!

Have you ever hunted for Oregon carnelian? That very first photo is getting darn close.

Thank y’all for looking at my collection. I’ve only done a small portion of it. The ones I’ve shown I call my smalls my big stuff it outside. I live in a small apartment and can not display my collection. I store them in bins, containers, etc. It feels really good to get them out photo then upload for more to enjoy. I love my rocks

Oregon is perfect for rocks and minerals. Your right thunder egg is Oregon’s rock! Jasper really common too

4 hours ago, Birdbrain59 said:

The specimen above is it in the mica family? It’s super heavy

I'm going to guess it's some variety of basalt.