Nugget Shooter Forums

I was detecting and rock hunting and I found this rock it rusted but weird looking rock I pull out the magnet and it jump on it

I took a hand full of finishing nail and staples threw it at the rock and nothing stick to it. I tried to grind it down with a mason grinding wheel and well i need something much stronger to grind it down. the part that I did grind down i look with my eye piece and looks like silver nickel anyways if its not a meteorite this is a wild rock

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0033.JPGwhat should i see ? same color streak no streak ill use the underside of toilet tank lid

Edited by explore

Looks like a rock that's been worm smooth by water.  I don't see anything in the pix to indicate it is a meteorite.

I'm sure its just a coble rock but its cool to see it on a magnet. maybe one day ill find one thanks again guys

22 hours ago, explore said:

I was detecting and rock hunting and I found this rock it rusted but weird looking rock I pull out the magnet and it jump on it

I took a hand full of finishing nail and staples threw it at the rock and nothing stick to it. I tried to grind it down with a mason grinding wheel and well i need something much stronger to grind it down. the part that I did grind down i look with my eye piece and looks like silver nickel anyways if its not a meteorite this is a wild rock

IMG_0038.JPG

Looks like magnetite (on the outside)

2 hours ago, BMc said:

Looks like magnetite (on the outside)

Yeah. Especially stuck to that magnet. :)