Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mariposagoldbag

Thinking about moving to Arizona - Where would you recommend?

Hi everyone, 

I'm getting ready to make the move to Arizona, most likely the Phoenix area.  Question,  do any of you locals have any other, better suggestions?  I want to be where the gold is and don't need to be near the city to work.  I run an online business so living in a remote location is not an issue as long as there is internet.  Just wanted to see what any of yall might recommend before I make the leap to Phoenix.  

Thanks!

Edited by mariposagoldbag
  • Like 1

Cottonwood, nice community and quite close to the Bradshaw mountains. Great climate and very affordable housing. Population of about 12000.

• Like 4

Thank you North Pines Gold, I'm looking into it now.

Phoenix does put you in the center of the state.  The LSD (Little San Domingo) is located in Wickenburg.  In Surprise AZ it's at the Northwest edge of the Phoenix valley with a population of 100,000 people, but the outskirts of that town are quite rural and some don't have high speed internet.  Cottonwood is nice, but it doesn't have the big city stuff if that's what you want.

• Like 1

MgoldBag,

Glad to hear your still around ...sounds like your up to a new adventure. Hope all is well and good luck with your move to where ever it may be. 

F

• Like 1

I loved living in Cottonwood, beautiful area and a bit cooler than living in Phoenix. I miss my view from Hermits lane where i could see red rocks from Sycamore canyon to Sedona. Plenty of adventure in every direction. Plus they have internet.:4chsmu1:

hardtimehermit

chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I had my druthers it'd be halfway between Congress -- Yarnell, cept you'd need to 'doze yer own road to get there.. Unless ya go the back way that is, in which case you'd need 4WD, high ground clearance and would still need to doze yer own road to get there -- but you'd only need to doze the main road to smoove the worst ruts..

Other'n there, either around Prescott if I'm feeling woods-y or Wickenburg area if I'm feeling desert-sy.. I can include Cottonwood locale as a top choice too..

Swamp

• Like 2

Mariposagoldbag

I have a place for sale in the Bouse area about 20 miles from Quartzsite. Let me know if you might be interested.

Short-stick

Short-stick, 

PM me the details.

Thanks

Here's a link that will connect you with the home that is for sale.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.

email; piccalo44@gmail.com

Short-stick, 

I like the price but darn, 10 neighbors?  lol...  If i were to move that far out I wouldn't want any neighbors!  Thanks for the suggestion!

I have another question...

I honestly know very little about the gold in AZ, where would you guys recommend metal detecting out there?  Would I be better off living out by Prescott or somewhere in the NW Phoenix area?

Not much, if any gold here in Arizona. Consider Nevada for a new destination.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, mariposagoldbag said:

I have another question...

I honestly know very little about the gold in AZ, where would you guys recommend metal detecting out there?  Would I be better off living out by Prescott or somewhere in the NW Phoenix area?

Detecting is highly recommended at either location, and both are close to gold country. The Prescott/Prescott Valley area is a little cooler in the summer months but have become increasingly "Gentrified" so I'm told. They are close to the Bradshaw Mts which is a renowned gold area. NW Phoenix would appear to be a great jumping off area to head North to the Bradshaw's or West to Little San Domingo (LSD), Wickenburg, Congress etc. All great areas to prospect and explore;  might be useful to join a club initially to give yourself a starting place, then hit the BLM research and read/study the major gold forums including archives and you will pick up a lot of factual information, including leads on locations where gold is found, in addition to the documented publications that most of us start out with, like: Placer Gold Deposits of Arizona by Maureen G. Johnson (if you don't already have it), and so on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mariposagoldbag said:

Short-stick, 

I like the price but darn, 10 neighbors?  lol...  If i were to move that far out I wouldn't want any neighbors!  Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem, thanks for having a look.

2 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Mgoldbag. Just come back down south..you know where the gold is here.

I would love to come back to Mariposa but thats not looking like its going to happen with those crazy ass california laws.  I ended up having a son while being back in seattle, he's 13 months now.  California is trying to make vaccinations the law, thats all i'm going to say about that. 

Hey Fred, did you ever get back to that special gulch of ours since the fires?  Wish I had a UFO or something like that, I'd be back out there tomorrow morning!

Mike,

First congrats on the birth of your son...:ya:, your going to be an awesome dad, I do understand your concerns about California and its politics in that regard. As far as the gulch I have not been hunting that area in the past 3 years do to much activity in that area. I have a few spots I go between and have done fairly well...and as usual looking for new spots always.  If you choose Arizona, I am sure you will have plenty of opportunity to find new locations..and no poison oak...:ROFL: . At this moment its been raining and the terrain is rough and sticky, the clay is slippery and its easy to find oneself down the slippery slope. Glad to hear all is good with you... keep us posted on where you end up. 

Oh by the way.....I hear Arizona is LOADED with Gold.....I know  with your skills you will do well. 

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mariposagoldbag said:

better off living out by Prescott

Prescott is closed

• Like 1
  • Haha 2