Nugget Shooter Forums
Mike Furness

Spring Outing ... It's Officially On

The Nugget Shooter Spring Outing is on for the weekend of March 22-24 2019. That is Friday Saturday and Sunday at Dome Rock, I-10 Exit 11, Quartzsite AZ! We will be camped on the South side of the highway. Events that will happen that I am aware of so far:  Saturday morning will be an informal lesson on the GM-1000 and the Equinox 600/800 for those who want to learn more about those machines. We have done a few on the Gold Monster now so I assume ... have not talked to Bill about this idea as I just now thought about it ... but we will probably spend more time on the Equinox 800 than the Gold Monster. Saturday early evening at the usual 4:00 PM time we will have our famous potluck dinner. We will NOT be supplying the meat this time as it is a bit of an ordeal to provide so far from home ... we will probably have a good size gas grill or two and/or we may just make a big charcoal pit grill from the local rocks ... we might need a couple pairs of volunteer hands to accomplish this ... You will need to provide your own meat and bring a side dish that all can enjoy! Salads, Beans of all kinds, Chili, Chip and Dip, Corn Bread, Potato of all kinds and Desserts of all kinds (Desserts must be sugar, fat and calorie free as I am trying to lose 30 pounds! LOL!) ... just to get you to thinking what to bring. And Saturday night the Camp Fire where we all share tall tales and lies about our prospecting experiences. If some can bring firewood that would be great as there is little to none available in or around the campsite. There are club claims nearby the camp. I will get the contact for the local Quartzsite club should you decide you want to join. GPAA and RRPC have claims in the general area. As we get closer to the date I will post a poll for those who are planning to attend  just so we all have an idea of the size of the sides you might want to bring. I don't know if we will be graced by any special guests at this time ... Kevin??? ... Debbie??? Updates to follow on this thread. I need to talk to Bill to firm up a couple ideas ... more on that later! So plan to be there and camp with us for the 3 days ... and more if you can. Bring the family and lets have some fun in the warm Arizona sun! Bill may change some of this up a bit ... so check in around March 1st or before for any updates.

• Like 1

I will be there. 

• Like 1

Somehow Patrick I was going to guess you would be one of the first to respond! Look forward to seeing you again!

• Like 1

Mike!

When I view the main forum the title of this thread is shortened. It reads

Spring Outing ... It's Off

That is not the worst part. A couple weeks ago I was looking at the forum and saw a post from Knifemaker84. It read...

Good day for screwing

Dontcha love technology?

• Haha 2
  • wow 1

Two coming from California! We need some warm desert time and look forward to seeing you all...IMG_6368.JPG

Edited by Lars