Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooterette

Second nugget this week!

So Bill was hunting with the GPZ 7000 today. He found a target and after digging it up some lost the target and got frustrated and gave the target to me and I dug this up. I call it the teamwork nugget!😄

0202191627a.jpg

• Like 14
  • well done 8

Awesome!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Who's is it..?

I have it in my bottle!😂 He walked away from it. I still call it the teamwork nugget. Watch the You Tube video when we post it.😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hahaha, darn thing was so thin that I could hear it flat, but as soon as it got moved sideways it vanished. Oh and she was right there and I am lazy so I yelled "please come find this &$%#@* thing and you can have it. Whoops..... :tisk-tisk:

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

so...is the Gold Monster   th machine or the Lady running it.....go get them nuggets Tammy

• Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

He found a target and after digging it up some lost the target and got frustrated

That happens with the GPZ700 because of that big 14 inch coil with the double signal across it. Together those make it really tough to pinpoint tiny targets. You just end up chasing it around and around. Very careful pinpointing, patience and determination are required. That or another metal detector with a smaller coil.

• Like 2

Bill, that has happened with Tom and I several times.  Target disappears and I come in and pinpoint it.  I have also followed after him with the smaller VLF and found targets on edge in shale that the 5000 skipped over.  Sometimes it takes two and you still don't get everything.  :black_knight_standing:

Old Tom 

• Like 9

Does a handheld pinpointer like a Garrett Carrot hit on a nuggie that size?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reno Chris said:

That happens with the GPZ700 because of that big 14 inch coil with the double signal across it

The curse of the 8,000.00 dollar metal detector  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Relichunter asked "Who's is it?" Well, Bill found it, Bill lost it, Tammy found it, Tammy dug it, Tammy put it in HER nugget vial. In MY nugget hunting household Hawkeye and I have a rule: "Whoever digs it, keeps it." You loose Will'um!   :) HH Jim

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, adam said:

The curse of the 8,000.00 dollar metal detector  :rolleyes:

Happens with super dooper favorite beeper the 3500 as well sometimes it is simply the nature of the PI and a good VLF is a good tool to have in the box for the little ones, but the GPZ will go DEEEEEEP on ground flat enough for a 14 inch coil :head:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terry Soloman said:

Yeah the new Minelab pro pointer 35 will without a doubt

• Like 2

I need a day like this! The first nugget my Wife finds "should" grease the wheels towards a PI machine. 

Currently, her Gold Monster is referred to as the "Trash Monster". She calls birdshot things that would clear out a truck stop bar....

Seeding a patch isn't immoral, if done to facilitate a new detector purchase, is it? Lol.

Nice job!

Kyle

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Terry Soloman said:

No Terry ... Way too small for even the best "carrot" type pinpointer in my humble opinion. However, I have not tried the Minelab 35 as yet but all others that I have purchased or tried failed at small nuggets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trailertrash said:

I need a day like this! The first nugget my Wife finds "should" grease the wheels towards a PI machine. 

Currently, her Gold Monster is referred to as the "Trash Monster". She calls birdshot things that would clear out a truck stop bar....

Seeding a patch isn't immoral, if done to facilitate a new detector purchase, is it? Lol.

Nice job!

Kyle

She sounds like me! I do the same thing! Tell her don't give up though!💪😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Teamwork nugget, love it! Congrats! Amy and I have used poker chips to mark targets with my deeper beeper and let her monster follow. Works great in areas of heavy trash, it's like Vegas, always a gamble but lots of fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooterette said:

She sounds like me! I do the same thing! Tell her don't give up though!💪😄

Lol. Good to know she's not the only one... She's doing everything right, I tell her it's my fault, for not putting her in an area with nuggets in it. (Yet!)

Kyle

• Like 3

On 2/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, Nugget Shooter said:

Happens with super dooper favorite beeper the 3500 as well sometimes it is simply the nature of the PI and a good VLF is a good tool to have in the box for the little ones, but the GPZ will go DEEEEEEP on ground flat enough for a 14 inch coil :head:

Yep, and I've learned to check my GPZ pile with the gold monster.  It shocked me when I found out what I was leaving behind.  Many sub grain pcs, but they add up.  A buddy from NZ told me that one.  It really increased the fly poop count. Lol

• Like 2

My Garrett carrot picks up tiny hair thin wire set at  The most sensitive setting. If I don’t have my pinpointer it makes for a long day.  Congratulations shooterette!!!

• Like 2