Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LowPoint

ANYONE LOOSE ONE OF THESE???

Well, .....has anyone out there "Lost" one of these since the last monsoon season????  I was working (literally) my way down a very rouged gorge today that dropped down into the main wash.  About every 50 ft or so the gradient dropped (via rock water falls) down 15-20 ft or so making it very sketchy going to work my way down them.  I had made it down the gorge about a mile and thought a couple of times that I would have to turn around and head back up the wash for not being able to make it any further.  I had just made it past a rough spot and looked down stream to see what I would be facing next, when I spotted something large and metal-looking,...like a camper or something??????  I could not imagine anyone having a camper or any type of vehicle down this far in this rough gorge!?!?   I was a-gas to see this vehicle blocking the wash ;........it was as though someone had airlifted it and just dropped it there, as there are no roads anywhere for a mile or so in any direction, the wash continues to drop extremely even down stream of it, and there was no way of driving it upstream to where it was lodged.????  All four tires and the spare (All teran's) where on the vehicle, the engine and drive train where there too.  Ya never know what you might run across when your hiking out in the desert!?!!?  Gary   

SAM_1347.JPG

SAM_1348.JPG

SAM_1349.JPG

SAM_1350.JPG

SAM_1351.JPG

SAM_1352.JPG

SAM_1353.JPG

SAM_1354.JPG

• Like 4
  • wow 2

Interesting....looks like its been there a while as people have used it for target practice. Just never know the story on why................Here is one that has been slowly moving out to the main wash every year after the monsoons.  Swapped a little paint with it getting around it. :) 

Tom H. 

SAM_0880.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Nicer than most New England vehicles!!! Salt would have consumed it by now here in the Far East!!! LMAO

Edited by Rocky
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TomH said:

.Here is one that has been slowly moving out to the main wash every year after the monsoons.  Swapped a little paint with it getting around it. :) 

Yeah, I remember that one it moves about a couple hundred yards a year.  I wanted to hook a chain to it and pull it aside but Tom wanted to go around.  I got out and took the picture and stayed safe.  He got around it and so did everyone else that went up that wash until the next year when it moved again.  It's the same year Yoto as ours an we got a couple of small parts off it.  Look at the bed rock in the foreground, that wash produced some really good gold for many years.  The overburden is really deep and hard packed, you need some equipment to move it.     :Diggin_a_hole:

Old Tom

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TomH said:

Interesting....looks like its been there a while as people have used it for target practice. Just never know the story on why................Here is one that has been slowly moving out to the main wash every year after the monsoons.  Swapped a little paint with it getting around it. :) 

Tom H. 

SAM_0880.JPG

Hey Tom,....That's a pretty Tight-Fit there, especially with gravity forcing you right down into it.  Did you ever drag it, or "comealong" it out of the way???  I love the looks of that bedrock.  Gary

9 hours ago, Old Tom said:

Yeah, I remember that one it moves about a couple hundred yards a year.  I wanted to hook a chain to it and pull it aside but Tom wanted to go around.  I got out and took the picture and stayed safe.  He got around it and so did everyone else that went up that wash until the next year when it moved again.  It's the same year Yoto as ours an we got a couple of small parts off it.  Look at the bed rock in the foreground, that wash produced some really good gold for many years.  The overburden is really deep and hard packed, you need some equipment to move it.     :Diggin_a_hole:

Old Tom

"Aha",... Does Not look that bad to me,.....I'll bet that if you where to dig down and out about 3-4 ft and follow that juice-looking bedrock you would be in Gold-Heaven.  Give me an invite,...I'll help ya dig it out.....:Diggin_a_hole:This picture is worth a thousand words,..and maybe that many nuggets!?!?  Gary

Wow. I have yet to witness Arizona flash flooding first hand, but if nothing else, these pics are a good reminder to be careful. As for the rig itself, I wonder if it broke down, and wasn't worth the $ to retrieve?

Regards, Kyle

10 hours ago, Trailertrash said:

I wonder if it broke down, and wasn't worth the $ to retrieve

A Toyota? break down?   :25r30wi:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LowPoint said:

Hey Tom,....That's a pretty Tight-Fit there, especially with gravity forcing you right down into it.  Did you ever drag it, or "comealong" it out of the way???  I love the looks of that bedrock.  Gary

Nah...just kept scooting around it. It got moved out of the way the next year so I can get by it now. Might be different this year though. 

This is one of those places you keep in your hip pocket.  Get in there when your skunking bad, and find a few to ease the pain :) 

Tom H. 

47 minutes ago, adam said:

A Toyota? break down?   :25r30wi:

Hey adam,.....  I think his question was directed toward the wreck that I found,...And I think that was some kind of a Dodge ???

4 minutes ago, TomH said:

Nah...just kept scooting around it. It got moved out of the way the next year so I can get by it now. Might be different this year though. 

This is one of those places you keep in your hip pocket.  Get in there when your skunking bad, and find a few to ease the pain :) 

Tom H. 

I need to get me a "couple" of those Tom,......all of my old ones have become very-skunkey Of-late,........O well, just keep searching new ground.  Gary

• Like 2

That looks like a ISUZU  trooper

• Like 1

Can say with 100% certainty, I have never loosed one