Nugget Shooter Forums
Dakota Slim

Ignored Users Feature???

There is one user here who stalks me, posting ugly, disgusting and off topic photos and/or videos in every thread I start. It has been going on for months. I put him on my Ignored User list but the posting of ugly, disgusting and off topic photos continues. What exactly is the Ignored User feature supposed to do? 

If it is working correctly, I think everything will still be seen by all but you. ??

1 hour ago, LipCa said:

If it is working correctly, I think everything will still be seen by all but you. ??

That's what I thought, and actually he is now starting posts, like "happy birthday" post on Jan. 18 in the prospector's lounge. 

Best thing is tell us, so we can ignore also.

To be honest, im pretty sure it goes back and forth between 2 folks. Ive seen both parties comment on posts the other has made. Im pretty sure it started with the shooting of bottles. Im sure we can all get along here and enjoy each other's company. Just a thought.

• Like 6
  • well done 1

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

To be honest, im pretty sure it goes back and forth between 2 folks. Ive seen both parties comment on posts the other has made. Im pretty sure it started with the shooting of bottles. Im sure we can all get along here and enjoy each other's company. Just a thought.

I had a chat with Skip and it was my understanding that where was a truce. I guess he meant a unilateral thing, which is why I asked about the Ignored User feature. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:43 PM, Dakota Slim said:

I had a chat with Skip and it was my understanding that where was a truce. I guess he meant a unilateral thing, which is why I asked about the Ignored User feature. 

I'm glad you and Skip got that all cleared up Slim.

If you want to be nice then Ill be nice. You are the one that wanted to wrestle and kept at it for months. I told you how this would work out but you just kept at it. Now that you are not having any fun you feel like someone is picking on you.

If you can leave it alone then it will stop. Otherwise it will be more of the same. Your choice buddy. :inocent:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
If you play with a bull expect to get horned. Otherwise be happy milking the cows.
  • Irritated 1

Somehow I think I missed something. Not that I mind much. That is a hilarious post B.B.

I rest my case. So what does the "ignore User" user feature do? 

Edited by Dakota Slim

4 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

I rest my case. So what does the "ignore User" user feature do? 

The ignore feature is suppose to do exactly what you hoped it would do, but it appears it doesn't work correctly.

This I do know that you're not the only one that has complaints about the feature, I did try and do some research on it on the forum's software provider, Invision's website/forum and saw many not happy with that feature because of it not working as it should.

The only thing I can do is put in a "support ticket" request to see if their Tech/s can get it working on this forum the way it should.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

The ignore feature is suppose to do exactly what you hoped it would do, but it appears it doesn't work correctly.

This I do know that you're not the only one that has complaints about the feature, I did try and do some research on it on the forum's software provider, Invision's website/forum and saw many not happy with that feature because of it not working as it should.

The only thing I can do is put in a "support ticket" request to see if their Tech/s can get it working on this forum the way it should.

That would be great Skip. Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I'm glad you and Skip got that all cleared up Slim.

If you want to be nice then Ill be nice. You are the one that wanted to wrestle and kept at it for months. I told you how this would work out but you just kept at it. Now that you are not having any fun you feel like someone is picking on you.

If you can leave it alone then it will stop. Otherwise it will be more of the same. Your choice buddy. :inocent:

Just to be fair here Bob, ever since Slim and I discussed the issue between you both he hasn't replied to any of your posts, posted anything derogatory towards you at all, this topic is the only thing he has posted that has anything to do with you since our discussion, he only posted this topic after your birthday topic was posted.

• Like 1

This is about as stupid as it gets..

Unless it's a violation of an in place "no contact of any type" restraining order, this would get tossed right out of court..

Matter of fact, it would never even make it into court since there's no one on this forum with the username "Slim.."
Had BB not replied in this thread it could easily be argued that Birthday message wasn't directed toward you but rather Slim Shady..

Out of all the missles launched from both sides, this is the straw that broke the camel's back..? Happy Birthday???
Must be the new normal I don't know about yet: Paranoid cynicism.. I shoulda seen it coming..

This is a reason I never post my birth date anywhere -- I'd hate to have someone wish me Happy Birthday, only to watch it ignite WW 3.. Sheeesssshhhhh.............

Swamp

• well done 2

17 minutes ago, Swampstomper Al said:

This is about as stupid as it gets..

Unless it's a violation of an in place "no contact of any type" restraining order, this would get tossed right out of court..

Matter of fact, it would never even make it into court since there's no one on this forum with the username "Slim.."
Had BB not replied in this thread it could easily be argued that Birthday message wasn't directed toward you but rather Slim Shady..

Out of all the missles launched from both sides, this is the straw that broke the camel's back..? Happy Birthday???
Must be the new normal I don't know about yet: Paranoid cynicism.. I shoulda seen it coming..

This is a reason I never post my birth date anywhere -- I'd hate to have someone wish me Happy Birthday, only to watch it ignite WW 3.. Sheeesssshhhhh.............

Swamp

Swamp, fyi the offensive birthday post has been edited and a disgusting photo was removed.
I'm sure you would not have like it addressed to you on your birthday. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Swamp, fyi the offensive birthday post has been edited and a disgusting photo was removed.
I'm sure you would not have like it addressed to you on your birthday. 

Ah.. Got it.. My bad..
The joy of premium forever editing without an "edited" flag showing up.. Very useful; makes for no confusion or awkward moments..

Swamp

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Ah.. Got it.. My bad..
The joy of premium forever editing without an "edited" flag showing up.. Very useful; makes for no confusion or awkward moments..

Swamp

Al, buddy....

You evidently don't "get it". I didn't edit the post. Skip did at Slim's request. 

It was a meme of Nancy Pelosi's ugly face with the words "Happy Birthday". Nothing more. 

I don't want everyone thinking I posted something vile or edited my post to mislead anyone. 

I never wanted conflict with Slim and tried to avoid it for months. That is a matter of record. Now if he can keep a lid on it when I shoot a bottle or make a bug we will have some peace. And if you can stop making incorrect assumptions about what happened maybe it will die faster.

So with all due respect Al, shut the hell up. :)

Edited by Bedrock Bob
I edited this post just to piss you off and because I can.
  • Irritated 1

I thought it was an interesting dance, and didn't think anyone was getting hurt, but if someone is stepping on someone's toes so bad then maybe that dancer should leave the dance floor.In other words if you don't like to slam dance, then go find a line dance or whatever your speed is fussy pants. 

:m2c: 

• Like 1

Yes I did the editing and at no one's request, now I think enough has been said in this topic so I'm locking it.

We can now all go back to our regularly scheduled programming!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • well done 1

Slim, I have found the issue with the "ignore list" problem.

I'm posting how to use the "Ignore List" here so if anyone else wishes to ignore someone they will know how to use this feature.

Not only do you have to add a member to your "ignore list" but you also have to select which content you want to ignore from that member.

Here's what needs to be done to select the options/content when ignoring a member.

To select what content you want to ignore for the member being ignored you have click your Display Name in the top right -> Ignored Users -> click settings (cog wheel icon) on member being ignored -> check all options you wish to ignore.

I will send you a PM with the detailed info I got from the IPS tech.

• Thanks 2