Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Monster / DetectorPro Headphone News

Thanks Chet, you are a life saver.  I am so done with the Monster headphones.

You have my order right now.  Just tell us where and when to send the money.

Bob

• Like 1

Hey Chet,

That is an outstanding price for an adapter.  I'm just figuring what others charge for headphone adapters.  Minelab's Equinox is like $40+, the SDC is like $95 .... 

This could be a great alternative so the customers have their choice on what headphones they like (1/4 jack ones) and use your adapter.  

Question - Adapters like to move around due to the weight of the headphone cord and always swinging the detector side-to-side.  Do you think the adapter could potentially wear out the headphone jack on the detector due to this?  

There were issues with the early adapters on the SDC, so I'm just giving you a heads up.  

• Like 2

Hi Rob

The people that I have sold to have all used a Velcro strap around the handle or body to keep the strain off of the 1/8” jack.  All bets are off on that occasional fall that some of us experience. LOL

Have a good day,
Chet

• Like 2
On 1/17/2019 at 6:53 PM, Chet said:

Hi Bob

I sent the information to you through the message application.

Thank you,

Chet

Chet,  Thank you for the message, however I can't find how to reply through the message application.

Bob

Hi Bob

Maybe my message didn’t get there. So I have resent it. You should get a Red symbol next to the Message Envelope at the top right of the screen.

After you left click on the Message Envelope; left click on the message; then left click on the Reply to this message box; that will open a box for your reply. The normal Submit Reply box is at the bottom right.

I hope this works,
Chet

On 1/18/2019 at 6:52 AM, Rob Allison said:

Hey Chet,

That is an outstanding price for an adapter.  I'm just figuring what others charge for headphone adapters.  Minelab's Equinox is like $40+, the SDC is like $95 .... 

This could be a great alternative so the customers have their choice on what headphones they like (1/4 jack ones) and use your adapter.  

Question - Adapters like to move around due to the weight of the headphone cord and always swinging the detector side-to-side.  Do you think the adapter could potentially wear out the headphone jack on the detector due to this?  

There were issues with the early adapters on the SDC, so I'm just giving you a heads up.  

OEM "anything" is always going to be a lot more expensive than aftermarket parts that are manufactured by a third party. ;-)  

I'm one of the people using Chet's adapter on my Monster with velcro straps to help keep the strain off of the jacks - at both ends. I love it!!! And yes, the price is VERY reasonable. I think I had probably already spent at least two or three times Chet's price on adapters I bought and tried from several different sources - that didn't work! I didn't want to go hacking and cutting into my Monster or fiddling around with adapters anymore - I just needed something that worked with the Sunray Pro headphones I had recently bought, and I needed it like... NOW! This adapter made it all come together. Yeah, sure, the speaker on the Monster has great volume - but everyone else within earshot knows that, too! LOL... I tried detecting using just the speaker and I never actually found a speck of gold that way. (My tinitus & hearing loss might have something to do with that.) Maybe I wasn't in the right spot for it at that time, but I've found plenty of nuggies now that I've got an adapter that works with a great pair of headphones. Just sayin'...!

The adapter that Chet made for me has about a 6" cord length, which gave me just enough length to route it so I could attach it securely from the rod to the main housing. It's out of the way and secure and it works! Oh... and one thing I feel should definitely mention... DON'T try to use the adhesive-backed, 2-part, velcro strips or pads to attach the adapter cord. I say this from personal experience. It won't hold and you just end up with a sticky mess. Velcro straps or strips (like the ones used to bundle wiring for electronic equipment - without adhesive crap) work WAY better. Not only do they hold securely, but they allow you to re-route the cable very easily if you decide to make adjustments later on. The weight of my headphone cord isn't even an issue with the way I have the adapter secured to the unit. That sucker ain't goin' nowhere unless I decide to move it myself! :thumbsupanim

Lisa

• Like 2
  • well done 1