Nugget Shooter Forums
DolanDave

Dowsing Rod Nuggets !!!

Hey everyone,

Got out Sunday to do some prospecting with my buddy Chris. We did a little research and decided to go to a new location east of Lake Havasu, AZ. 

Upon detecting a wash, my detector hit a signal and nearly blasted my ears off. I looked down to find 2 dowsing rods laying in the wash. Right next to the dowsing rods were some pretty fresh looking nuggets just laying there as shown in the picture. The person dowsing must have thrown the rods down in disappointment upon seeing their newly found wealth these brought. 🤣😉.

All in all it was a good day, with approx 1/4 ounce finds in a new area. 

Until next time,

Dave

20190107_204123.jpg

2EDlsYvu-385511667.jpg

WHDlFidM-385517001.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • wow 3

WTG Dave.  Did you get meteorites too?

I'm a bit fond of the area and so was Montana as this was near where he found his first nuggets.

Mitchel

Nice gold Dave....  :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

Wow...Thats a hard one to figure out...but, you got the yellow! :) Congrats. Very nice finds.

Tom H.

• Like 1

Thats a heck of a good day !   Nice looking pieces :brows:

• Like 1

Dave,

That's where I left those? They are from my buddy, Mr. Don Key and I. Although, we were looking for ghosts of the past at the time. :200::grr01:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mn90403 said:

WTG Dave.  Did you get meteorites too?

I'm a bit fond of the area and so was Montana as this was near where he found his first nuggets.

Mitchel

Thanks Mitchel,

No meteorites, this area has never produced any meteorites that I know of. It's way away from Franconia area.

Dave

Nice going man.....

• Like 1

Great work Dave!! Kicking my butt as usual!! No luck on my specimen yet. Could be a copper mineral. I had some suggestions on another forum.20190107_192106.jpg

It was still strange that this was so reactive on the GPZ

Chris

• Like 1

Lately here it seems a 1/4 oz of dropped clad's a good day, so yeah -- I'd call a 1/4 oz of Au a good day too.. :4chsmu1: :yesss:

Hey Chris: It's easy wanting to go with copper cos of all the turquoise staining, but I wouldn't discount Jim H's call of Ag one bit either.. I'd like to know what it is too..

Swamp

3 hours ago, bsumbdy said:

Great work Dave!! Kicking my butt as usual!! No luck on my specimen yet. Could be a copper mineral. I had some suggestions on another forum.20190107_192106.jpg

It was still strange that this was so reactive on the GPZ

Chris

My guess is chrysocolla on the blueish green and chalcocite on the black. I think the detector is reacting to the chalcocite (imho) which is a heavy copper sulphide.

• Like 2

Nice find by the way.

• Like 1

I hate to admit I have bought rods at a gpaa gold show a few years back.  They are really nice.  Never took them out or even tried working with them.  

Nice work prospecting guys!!!!!

• Like 1

dad and me can find water dowsing but my mom's dad, his brothers and son can not. we where all together locating water for my uncle so he could build a house. his well was deeper than the 1850 well uphill from his. 

• Like 1

Interesting looking ground. Almost looks as though it's been worked in the past. Hard to tell by the photos. Nice course gold.

• Like 1

Nice gold! Thanks for sharing Dave. :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

I hate to admit I have bought rods at a gpaa gold show a few years back.  They are really nice.  Never took them out or even tried working with them.  

Nice work prospecting guys!!!!!

You mean dowsing rods don't work? I'm really stunned.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Great results for such a small wash. I'd be looking up the slopes on either side for the source of that rough and pretty gold.

• Like 2

Way to go Dave. I bet the people with the dowsing rods heard of someone finding gold in the area :200: so they gave it a try, came up empty and threw the rods away. :2mo5pow:

That area is full of small washes like that. Every time I go through there I notice the colors. :brows: 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1