Nugget Shooter Forums
AZ4AU

Only time for 2018 that I got out for a hunt.

I made it out to the desert for a hunt before the rain fell and managed a 1.5 gram nugget, lots of lead too. My battery didn’t last very long either, gave it a half hr charge on the car charger and was good for a while longer. I will need to make something up to drain it down and cycle it a few times to see if it comes back to a full day of hunting. 

1E66917B-7FC9-4864-A256-B5FBFD143EA3.jpeg

• Like 15
  • well done 3

Nice nugget Mike. Good to see you posting again. Happy New Years to you and everyone else.

• Like 2

Good going Mike, glad to see that you're getting out and beeping up some nuggies.:black_knight_standing:

Old Tom

• Like 1

Nice Mike, glad you could get one for 2018, now you need to get a bucket full in 2019! :thumbsupanim

• Hmmmmmm 1

Nice gold Mike....just hook up your detector, turn it on and let it fully drain the battery....then hook the battery to charge on 110v...it may come back.

Happy New Year

fred

• Like 2

Hello Fred,

What’s weird is the detector would give the dead battery sound and I would check the display and it was blank still working but blank, power down and back up the display would come back and show battery voltage at 7.6v detect for a while and low battery tone again but was still operating fine w/ blank screen like its in a power saving mode.

• Like 2

A 1.5 would make my day !  Nice one Mike  :brows:

• Like 1

nice Nugget Mike ... Had the same on a battery once. Can I assume you are using a GPX series from Minelab. If you are all I did was leave my detector running with a 'fully' charged battery. When it ran down and shut off the detector I recharged and it was good from that point on. 

• Like 2

Excellent nugget, Mike ... LSD? ... Have a great new year from me and Dodie!  Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Nice to know that despite the battery charging setbacks you kept on trying and still ended the day with 1.5 more grams than you had before.  Nice looking nugget, too.

• Like 1

Congrats Mike !!

Happy New Year.  May 2019 bring you more than 1.5g of Au.  :)

• Like 1

Nice one Mike! Happy New Year....

• Like 1

Really nice looking nugget sir, congrats.

• Like 1