Nugget Shooter Forums
Alwaysdirty

Golden Day With The Kids

Yesterday I was able to make it out with the kiddos for a relaxed day of prospecting. Normally, if I take them with me its to a known spot and we spend most of our time on known patches. This trip I decided to do some exploring with them on new ground. Usually by myself I will hit quite a few washes in a day, having a four and seven year old in tow I only chose one wash to check out and it was only a half mile from the road. Well, lucky for me we didn’t even get 500’ from the road when we came across a nice section of bedrock in a small wash that caught my eye. Next, I noticed rock stacks on both sides that were washed down and difficult to recognize, it looked like one of adam’s “after” pics. I got down to check things out and spotted a tiny little sunbaker on bedrock, the smallest piece in the pics below. Lets get to placering! We spent a good portion of the day at this spot goofing around and could hear the roar of RZR’s going by throughout the day. The work was easy as the overburden was shallow and the big rocks were removed, someone had to of already placered and detected this section as we got the same amount of trash targets as gold targets, normally in a spot this close to the road I would find at least 50 BB’s. I haven’t been out but a few times in 2018 so I was a little rusty with the GM1000. Thick, moist, black sand deposits, quarter size hematite chunks and noisy bedrock made things a little tricky, lots of overload signals.  It took some extra work to verify I wasn’t missing gold masked by those other targets. In the end we had a great time and I couldn’t have asked for a better day out, and an added bonus is the kids slept great last night!

20181230_123555.jpg

IMG_4790.JPG

IMG_4791.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 8

Thats awesome! So much more fun with the kids. At least i think so. I love when they go. Great job on the gold and wearing out the kids.

• Like 1

Wow , very nice

• Like 1

More Au than trash is a great sight..! :yesss:

Swamp

• Like 1

A day with the kids and gold, does it get any better?  Congrats sir

• Like 1

That was a bold move taking the kids out into the unknown.....

At least you know what you're doing.  :) :thumbsupanim :head:

Congratulations !!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nugget108 said:

Thats awesome! So much more fun with the kids. At least i think so. I love when they go. Great job on the gold and wearing out the kids.

It is Dan! You might not get as much prospecting time in but the time with them is priceless and they have a ton of fun out there in imagination land. They dont know it yet but they are my prospecting apprentices and someday soon will be pulling nuggets with me!

2 hours ago, AllenJ said:

A day with the kids and gold, does it get any better?  Congrats sir

I dont think it does!

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

That was a bold move taking the kids out into the unknown.....

At least you know what you're doing.  :) :thumbsupanim :head:

Congratulations !!

I dont set high expectations and take a bunch of patience with me, a whole bunch! They did exceptional this trip though, although trying to get the youngest one to eat her lunch proved difficult as usual.

• Like 3

Nicely done on all counts! What a way to end the year!

• Like 1

Good on you Bro.  Next time take a few snaps of the kids digging in the dirt.  I'd love to see just how much they have grown since the last pic's.  Nice gold for not paying full attention.  

Old Tom

• Like 2

Here you go Tom, the little ones about the same age the big one was when I posted the drywashing picture your probably thinking of. In this pic they are pointing at the same nugget I have "insitu" with the knife. They had to take turns picking the nuggets and putting them in the container, of course, that was a fight at first.:rolleyes:

20181230_123631.jpg

• Like 8
  • well done 3
  • wow 1

8 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Here you go Tom, the little ones about the same age the big one was when I posted the drywashing picture your probably thinking of. In this pic they are pointing at the same nugget I have "insitu" with the knife. They had to take turns picking the nuggets and putting them in the container, of course, that was a fight at first.:rolleyes:

20181230_123631.jpg

This is a great topic, I just love when these future prospectors get out to find gold with their parents!!

Those 2 must look like their mother, I just can't imagine you being that cute.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Well done !   Sounds like your on to a nice new spot....:brows::head:

• Like 2

Some nice sized pieces bro. Very nice finds and kid quality time.

• Like 2

Great day! That pic of your girls is a good one. :)
Tom H.

• Like 3

Spending a day in the field with family is golden.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2