Nugget Shooter Forums

My Patent was finally published...

Idaho Jim

The Patent Office had notified me in October the patent had been "allowed". A week later, they notified me I had left out the page numbering on the Specifications, Claims, and Abstract. I sent in the modified forms within a couple of days, and they then notified me the patent would take effect on Dec. 25th. So, I've been checking the site to see it finally in print. My "net was out for 24 hours, so didn't check yesterday, but today, it was there....Yeehaa! It can be seen here:

Sweep Jig Patent

• Like 2
  • well done 3

Thanks, guys! ya know, Jack, this wasn't that bad, in either money, or time.The patent cost me about $700 + what I spent on books, etc to learn how to do it. I did spend 250 hours on the application, but it ended up being in the 5% minority in going through on the first attempt, so it only took 11 months from when I filed the application.

Allen, I'm guessing it was one of my videos you saw.

Jim

Congrat's on the patent and I hope you prosper with it.  I also know the PINTA of the patent process and have 4.  Made decent money on one of them.

That being said, looking at your drawings that are well done to describe the item I instantly saw a way to vastly improve its efficiency with no additional parts or power needs.  I could see this a likely large improvement over the current drywasher. 

2 hours ago, lotsa luck said:

could see this a likely large improvement over the current drywasher. 

Please explain how you could improve recovery on a properly running & set up dry washer. Other than someone else doing the digging.

11 hours ago, adam said:

Please explain how you could improve recovery on a properly running & set up dry washer. Other than someone else doing the digging.

I believe the feed rate should be quicker and the jig should hold more heavies before being loaded up.  An improved way to feed the jig is needed though.

Guys, you need to identify the problem the jig solves. This was made for prospecting. Prospecting and mining are vastly different. For prospecting, you need a unit that recovers a high percentage of sub-100 gold. Ideally, that unit should work either wet, or dry. It should be easily man-portable. It should be easily maintained, or repaired. It should have low power requirements. The sweep Jig fulfills all of that.

Now, that said, I can build a much larger version....no problem. But for now, please show me any other gold prospecting equipment that works wet or dry, other than a pan. And, my little jig even works on damp material, without added water. No drywasher can do that. I was surprised myself at recovering both gold, and black sand from damp clay. I did this at the LDMA Blue Bucket outing last summer. Several people witnessed it. I repeated it at a local club outing in June, near Salmon, Idaho. Sure my recovery went down...that's no surprise, but it still recovered desirable material. And that recovery was extremely small gold. At the Blue Bucket, I was working damp tailings from previous outings.

Where else are you going to buy a unit that performs wet or dry, and for less than 1/2 the cost of a decent drywasher?

JIm

• Like 1