Nugget Shooter Forums

Freeze watch

Dakota Slim

There will be lots of cool dudes in the desert tonight....

... Freeze watch in effect from late Friday night through Saturday
morning... 

The National Weather Service in Phoenix has issued a freeze
watch, which is in effect from late Friday night through Saturday
morning.

* Temperatures... as low as 29.

* Timing... late Friday night through mid morning on Saturday.

https://www.wunderground.com/severe.asp

Plenty of ice and snow out there this morning.  We got a nice snow all the way down the Rio Grande valley to the border. It is only a thin blanket in Las Cruces but just outside of town at the higher elevations it gets deeper fast. Probably about 4"-6" above 5000 feet.

26 degrees. Calm winds. 9% humidity. Pollen count is low. 

:inocent:

The sun will be up late here. The sky is socked in pretty thick. Temps are headed down as the sun comes up. And there is a breeze swirling around out there that will really get your attention. 

I am building a fire in the shop and will stay pretty darn close to it today.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I am building a fire in the shop and will stay pretty darn close to it today.

That sounds like a solid plan. I will be doing the same. I am making room inside for a workbench today. I scored some good 1/8" plywood and can get started on building the tailfeathers on my aircraft project, but it all needs to be glued up indoors.  

• Like 1

Just now, ArcticDave said:

That sounds like a solid plan. I will be doing the same. I am making room inside for a workbench today. I scored some good 1/8" plywood and can get started on building the tailfeathers on my aircraft project, but it all needs to be glued up indoors.  

It is polyurethane on walking sticks today in my shop. And changing out a load of broken glass in the big rock tumbler. 

Sometimes I feel like I get bogged down in the shop and need to get out more. I kinda like days like these. I seem to get a ton of stuff done inside and I don't worry too much about what I am missing in the desert. 

One thing is certain,  it won't last long. It is a great excuse to fiddle for the holidays and take care of some inside projects. Ill be ready to hit the road right after the New Year. Then I will be worried about not producing anything in the shop and spending all my time stumbling around in the mountains looking for stuff.

It is a vicious cycle of guilt I tell you. :cry2:

• Like 1

Slim you should be careful in that weather! It’s really dangerous for a guy with a stick lodged up his butt. If it gets too cold then the stick can shatter like an icicle. Then you’ll be so cantankerous and whiny YOU won’t even be able to stand listening to yourself. Please get yourself an electric blanket, some hot cocoa, and just take it easy in this weather. 

• Haha 1