Nugget Shooter Forums
LukeJ

Best day ever !!

….well, so far.  :D

So I went out the other day on a last minute hunt.  During this busy time of year, it's a real relief to get out and go to my 'happy place'. :head:

I'd been looking at this 'new' area for a while now.  I can actually almost see it from the other side of the 'canyon' and I finally made it over there to check it out.

So glad I did.  :yesss:

I found the large specimen within the first 10 minutes of turning the detector on.  Right after I found a 'large' chunk of iron.  After that, about every 30 minutes or so, I dug a piece of gold. :4chsmu1:

The gully I was in, was just narrow enough to be able to detect it fully while standing in the middle.  All of the pieces except for two were found in the gut, right where you'd expect to find gold.  The large 'solid' nugget was found on a bench where the gully made a 90 degree turn.  It was on the surface.....  :arrowheadsmiley:

Obviously, I'll be going back in the near future.  I'm curious to see what I left behind.

Here's some pics.  All of the day's finds, including trash targets, are pictured.  I didn't find the coin.

Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas !!

Good Luck out there !! :)

Luke 

20181224_120918 (2).jpg

20181224_091225 (2).jpg

20181225_102054 (2).jpg

20181225_102110 (2).jpg

20181225_102126 (2).jpg

20181225_102210 (2).jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 10
  • wow 1

Awesome Job Luke. Very nice.

• Thanks 1

Very Nice day I'd say, Congrats.  Always like seeing finds. Grubstake

• Thanks 1

Very nice, Luke!  Those are some awesome finds.  The new places are the bomb.  Now that's the way you do it!!! :thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1

Way to go Bro.  Exploring new country pays off.  Great Christmas present.  

Old Tom

• Thanks 1

WOW... Congrats, Luke! Merry Christmas, indeed! :thumbsupanim

• Thanks 2

Wow! that's some nice looking AU!  What a great find congrats!

• Thanks 1

Very nice gold Luke and congrats my friend! Hard work and gut feelings can really pay off....

• Thanks 1

A most excellent score Luke, ^5.. The source is at hand.. :yesss:

Swamp

• Thanks 1

Awesome day, congrats sir.

• Thanks 1

Great finds. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

Wow! That is a GOOD day! Congrats. :yesss:

Tom H.

• Thanks 1

"WOW" Luke,....  That was quite the day Indeed!!  I like the looks of the bedrock too; ...a bit smoothed, ...but deep enough crevices to catch and stop the gold.  Kind of makes your imagination wonder as to what might be down under the overburdened areas as well....:89:  :inocent:

As rough as those specimens are, you got to be fairly close to the source :brows:    That aught to keep you busy going into next year.  Gary

• Thanks 1

Awesome finds, Luke...Discovering a new patch is what this nuggetshooting gig is all about!!!  WTG!  Cheers, Unc

• Thanks 1

Well done Luke.  It is hard to get away this time of year.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

yes it sure was a good day out detecting for you , congrats.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Very nice gold Luke and congrats my friend! Hard work and gut feelings can really pay off....

After noticing some similar looking ground and vegetation 'from the other side', I did some research and found the area to be 'open land'.  Google Earth showed me a way in, and when I was walking up the wash, I suddenly 'knew' where I should leave my backpack and start detecting.  Once I found the large specimen, it was going to be a great day for sure.  :)  After I got home that day, I went back and looked at a map I had made and sent to a friend so he'd know where to look for my body if I didn't return....  :desertsmile:  As it turned out, the thumbtack I placed with the coordinates, was almost right on top of the spot where I found the first nugget !!  :idea:

1 hour ago, LowPoint said:

"WOW" Luke,....  That was quite the day Indeed!!  I like the looks of the bedrock too; ...a bit smoothed, ...but deep enough crevices to catch and stop the gold.  Kind of makes your imagination wonder as to what might be down under the overburdened areas as well....:89:  :inocent:

As rough as those specimens are, you got to be fairly close to the source :brows:    That aught to keep you busy going into next year.  Gary

After I found the second piece,  I had two nuggets and two non-nuggets, I started moving a little faster, 'cherry picking' if you will.  There are several places where some material removal will probably be rewarding.  I hope this turns out to be a spot where I can 'stay busy' this next year!!  :head:

1 hour ago, Uncle Ron said:

Awesome finds, Luke...Discovering a new patch is what this nuggetshooting gig is all about!!!  WTG!  Cheers, Unc

Yes, and naming a new patch can be special too.

I'm going to name this spot in honor of a guy I considered to be a friend.  Someone who left the game way too early.  He helped me out, when I was trying to figure out, where to go in Greaterville.  Not by giving a specific location, but by answering my questions well enough that I was able to 'narrow it down' a bit.  He did this before I ever met him in person, just because we were friends with the same guy.  Because of him, I've made other friends, and I'll always be grateful for that. :)

Luke

• Like 6
  • well done 1