Nugget Shooter Forums
LukeJ

Best day ever !!

4 hours ago, LukeJ said:

...a map I had made and sent to a friend so he'd know where to look for my body if I didn't return...

Luke

So no prob having to convince yer contact you accidentally sent him the incorrect rescue coords then, right..? :inocent: :4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Haha 3

Those are beauties!!

• Thanks 1

Yo Luke: No feeling is quite the same as discovering your very own patch -- even if done vicariously via a post like yours.  Been tied up with the seasonal things, but going out tomorrow with inspiration!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's terrific  man .

You can't beat that even with a ugly stick  .⛏⛏

• Thanks 1

So I thought I'd post an update on what's been found since "The Best Day Ever".   :yesss:

I've been back to this location a few times now and there's still gold there, but it's getting much harder to find.  :Diggin_a_hole:

I went out there yesterday with the modded 4000 and the 11" Commander and picked up a couple more for just over half a gram.

Happy Hunting !!  :head:

Luke 

20190519_164416 (2).jpg

20190520_161530 (2).jpg

20190520_161555 (2).jpg

• Like 7
  • well done 3
  • wow 1

WTG :head: Modded 4000 -How has it been modded ? Care to share :old: Mike C...:200:

6 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

WTG :head: Modded 4000 -How has it been modded ? Care to share :old: Mike C...:200:

Woody's Mods.  Full mods for the GPX.

3 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Woody's Mods.  Full mods for the GPX.

Didnt you have a 5000 ? So are you running a stock coil because of the modds ?No more questions for now:arrowheadsmiley: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

My 5000 has been collecting dust for the last 11 months.  :shhhhh:

The modded detector will run any coil a normal detector will run.  I chose the 11" yesterday so I could maneuver in the grasses better than the 15" EVO previously.  The gold pictured was found with the 4000 and the 15" EVO, with the exceptions of the 5 smallest (SDC), and the two found with the commander.

I really like the EVO, but if I could only choose one coil, it would be the 11" Commander.  It has a great combination of depth and sensitivity.  I'm very confident with it.

• Like 3

Dang....you just keep sniffing them out! WTG :)
Tom H.

• Thanks 1

Good going bro, wish I were there.  Thanks again for the apricots, they are as good as gold.  

Old Tom

• Thanks 1

Gorgeous nuggets Luke. Congrats.

• Thanks 1

Nice looking nuggets sir, congrats.

• Thanks 2

Swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet !!!   If I know you, there is not going to be much in that wash, now.  Nice work.  I'm surprised you waited so long to go back.

• Thanks 1

How did I miss this post....:yesss: Awesome on the patch... congrats and thanks for sharing the experience. ..Commander 11" one of the most underrated coils today.  ...

• well done 2

16 hours ago, LukeJ said:

So I thought I'd post an update on what's been found since "The Best Day Ever".   :yesss:

I've been back to this location a few times now and there's still gold there, but it's getting much harder to find.  :Diggin_a_hole:

I went out there yesterday with the modded 4000 and the 11" Commander and picked up a couple more for just over half a gram.

Happy Hunting !!  :head:

Luke 

20190519_164416 (2).jpg

20190520_161530 (2).jpg

20190520_161555 (2).jpg

Nice finds dude!

I was down there Sunday as well. Did you see my 4Runner parked near that area? We got in late and left early so maybe not. There was a couple large groups of quad riders, unusual for that side road.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Nice finds dude!

I was down there Sunday as well. Did you see my 4Runner parked near that area? We got in late and left early so maybe not. There was a couple large groups of quad riders, unusual for that side road.

Thanks Shay.  I did see a 4Runner.  If it was you, I watched you pull up and then ducked below the ridgeline.  :inocent:

Thanks again to everyone else.  Always glad to participate and share some experiences along the way.

To be clear, the 14 nuggets pictured were found a couple, to a few at a time.  Not all in one day.  :idunno:

52 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Thanks Shay.  I did see a 4Runner.  If it was you, I watched you pull up and then ducked below the ridgeline.  :inocent:

Thanks again to everyone else.  Always glad to participate and share some experiences along the way.

To be clear, the 14 nuggets pictured were found a couple, to a few at a time.  Not all in one day.  :idunno:

I felt like I was being watched, now you know what wash I dropped into. :shhhhh: lol!

• Haha 3