Nugget Shooter Forums

Steer for sale $950

Edge

17 month old Hereford steer for sale, approx 1000#. Buy all, $950, half a share $500 or a quarter goes for $300.

Ready for the processor, or butcher yourself. Transportation available to your processor or place of butcher for additional fee.

IMG_20181222_161118111.jpg

If he has been finished right and is still gaining weight a rough estimate would be 600+ pounds hot carcass and maybe 350 pounds boneless finished sub cuts. Average meat cuts with bone in would be a little higher - maybe 400 pounds?

It would help to know his hip height and how he was finished. I'm sure the grower can give you a much better estimate. I don't know much about growing beef - just buying and butchering.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about #450-500 hanging weight. Yeild is generally 60% of hanging weight. I'm estimating on the low side. However, we put the bones to pretty good use too. 

They are my sister's steers they finished them on grass and ground corn. Had I been involved in the entire raising of the steer, this one would have been on his momma's hip longer. 

I side left, probably be gone today.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

With a good dry rub, 4.5 minutes per side of steak, on hot hot grill.

Can only hope he tastes half as good as last year's Brangus, Mr. Moorak O'brahma.

Edited by Edge
  • Haha 1
  • well done 1