Nugget Shooter Forums
Dakota Slim

Prescott Area Camping Ban

That is not the "Prescott Area"  . I dont see a problem here. People were abusing the lands, so they are going to close it for a couple years. Whats the big deal ?

• Like 3

all one has to do when confronted by them, "native on native soil".

8 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

all one has to do when confronted by them, "native on native soil".

Good Idea !

Then you will be arrested, and charged with  criminal trespass, impeding an investigation, resisting arrest (while chanting native soil etc), and felony flight. Then you will be booked into Yavapai  County Detention Center where you will be forced to get into some native attire, and find a cell where the white guys are hanging to put your rolled up bed in. Of course its a Friday so plan on staying the weekend there in jail until Monday when they will sort out all your offences in front of Judge William Money. Oops , you were supposed to be at work on Monday, so job abandonment with no communication, now your fired from your very steady good job, but you don`t know it yet.

Oh, got sidetracked... Back to Monday. You will get your court appointed attorney, and they will negotiate your fines and jail time for your offences. Your attorney will not bring up the Native on native soil argument because he knows William Money will just laugh, and impose your fines. You can carry it further by contesting that your attorney doesent have your best interest or that he is witholding evidence that will clear you, so file a motion to enlist a new attorney, and an appeal if you want to drag this out for literally months.

Or , you could have just said ....  Sorry officer, I didn`t realize, I will exit the area immediately.

• well done 3

natives seeking to do no harm require no government.

the law has no authority nor jurisdiction over natives.

last nine months have traveled over 18,000 miles, prospect se california where two BP stops are. cops pass me by, BP waves me through and BLM leaves me alone.

law only has authority and jurisdiction over citizens. natives are not citizens.

if you do not understand the above, will go into more detail.

20 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

cops pass me by, BP waves me through and BLM leaves me alone.

Well if you are not breaking any laws , then that`s how they treat everyone, native, citizen or whatever..

23 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

if you do not understand the above, will go into more detail.

Please do not.

• Haha 1

they must find it difficult...those who believe authority is truth, rather than truth is authority. love is truth, truth is love.

8 minutes ago, wet/dry washer said:

they must find it difficult...those who believe authority is truth, rather than truth is authority. love is truth, truth is love.

Yeah. That must be a real b!t<h.

In my spare time, I love to find a couple cops minding their own business and pull out my gun screaming "shoot me!" 

"I'm a native, Shoot me!" :barnie:

As a retired peace officer that is bad humor...........

• Like 3

As a retired punching bag and taser target for peace officers I find it in bad taste as well. I kinda like humor like that though.

• Like 1

For those wondering where this ban is, At Camp Verde where the verde river crosses I-17, the ban is in effect a two or three miles South West of the Verde river extending a few miles from each side of the highway.  Since a picture is a better descriptor:

Camp Verde Camping Closure.JPG

After looking at the map it makes sense. That is a super high impact area and a free for all with RVs and ATVs.

I camped down by that river just off the highway a few years back. It was a handy place to park and camp but you could tell the river banks and adjacent area was heavily impacted. It looked like there was probably some long term RV squatter types that hid out in there too.

It is about time they manage the situation IMHO.

:4chsmu1:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
I added the big grin emoticon. It seemed appropriate.

Thanks to the impact you saw, that river is called the dirty Verde. I used to live in Cottonwood and that was my main swimming spot, besides oak creek of course.

9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

After looking at the map it makes sense. That is a super high impact area and a free for all with RVs and ATVs.

I camped down by that river just off the highway a few years back. It was a handy place to park and camp but you could tell the river banks and adjacent area was heavily impacted. It looked like there was probably some long term RV squatter types that hid out in there too.

It is about time they manage the situation IMHO.

:4chsmu1:

• Like 1

I live in the middle of that map, my guess is all the people abusing the 14 day camping limit. Area 2 in the pink is the worst, I frequent the black hills just over HWY 260 from my house there and it is basically camper and homeless villages setup over there and some have been there months. Its snow birds, hippie travelers and people trying to make it in Sedona that cannot afford to live there, Air BNB has ran out all the local rental properties and in the last couple years I have seen much more camping around the Verde Valley on national forest. All the worthless hippie millennial's have been getting these areas closed by trashing them and staying more than 14 days, I think the forest service is sick of going out and running these people off. National forest camping around Sedona has been closing and it pushes them all out toward Cottonwood and Camp Verde, now that land is getting closed! The areas at the Black Hills across from 1000 trails recently had large boulders brought in to block camping spots, they also make nice obstacles for my Bronco :D.

Speaking of places getting trashed ... The last time I was up by the GPAA JJ and Soldier Boy, RRPC Mary Francis claims I noticed a few abandoned tent campsites that had at least a month or so trash still remaining including a broken down 2-3 man pop-up tent. Looked like they just got tired of being there so just left leaving all their trash and cheap equipment. it's a no wonder we get closed out of good places when this crap takes place. 

same as the depression in the 1930's, and it's only getting worst. welcome to world war three. christians against atheist, predicted by civil war confederate general albert pike in 1871. lower earth's population to four hundred million slaves.