Nugget Shooter Forums

Missing Forum Member Tortuga

All,

Tortuga has been missing for two days in southern Arizona. I will be out looking for him along with other Law Enforcement folks today. If anyone here has had recient contact with him and may think you know where he could be please PM me. I will be using a helicopter to search for him so even if it’s somewhere remote or best guess I can cover the ground pretty quick.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 6
  • Sad 5
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Oh  man, I hope all's well with him.  We'll be praying for him and hope you guys get to him before too long.  I'd come down and join the search but I'm almost bed ridden right now with back problems.  Keep us updated please.  

Old Tom 

• Like 1

Man, hope hes ok. Will be praying for the situation. I sent you a PM with some info.

Tom H.

Hey Guys,

My last contact with Chris was about 2 weeks ago.   He normally lets me know if he is heading up this way, Wickenburg, Rich Hill or such.   That being said, I believe they are searching around Greaterville and other placer areas around Tucson.  I have called several guys around Tucson today to see if they heard from him, all said they haven't.  Keep Chris in your prayers that he turns up fine.  I don't know all the details if he told any family member or girlfriend where he was heading.  

Desert Pilot - Any updates on your end?  

Rob Allison

• Like 2

Do any of you on this forum that know him have a contact phone number for him???  Have any of you gone detecting with him in the past who may have a phone number to reach him by???  Hey Bill,..or Rob Allison,.. or Chris Gholson>>>>> have any of you sold him a coil, or detector in the past where you may have a record of the sale, which may have his mail address and phone number, or email address??????  There should be "Someone" out there who has communicated with him (PM'D) him in the past who may have gotten his phone number to meet up with him for some reason??????????????  Gary

All,

Thanks for your support and PM’s. There has been large effort to look for him the past couple of days using multiple government agencies. The search has combined air, ground, and electronic methods with lots of good people involved in the search. I will post more info when I can. Thanks again to the people who spoke to me on the phone and PM’d me the info was a help.

Kevin

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Desertpilot said:

Thanks for your support and PM’s. There has been large effort to look for him the past couple of days using multiple government agencies. The search has combined air, ground, and electronic methods with lots of good people involved in the search. I will post more info when I can. Thanks again to the people who spoke to me on the phone and PM’d me the info was a help.

To Kevin and everyone involved in the search efforts and those who were able to contribute information: Thank you and God Bless you all! I pray he will be found soon and that he is okay.

Lisa

• Like 3

What area is being searched for him? If I know the area well, my son and I might head down and look by horseback. 

If you can post details of this ongoing search with law enforcement, such as where the county rescue is meeting, that would be good.  If we'd get in there way, let us know that also. 

I would like to thank everyone for their support and input especially the people who PM’d me and spoke with me on the phone. The information provided was able to aid in reducing the search area. We were able to find Chris but I cannot provide much more information than that at this time.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
  • Hmmmmmm 1
  • well done 1