Nugget Shooter Forums

Acient aboriginal Fossil ufo (burri burri)art painting found!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clay, I think you misunderstood his motives. He is not asking you for your opinion on what this is or what it looks like.  He is telling you what it is. He is showing it to you. It is obviou

If it's not your name, then it's name calling, if it's a term of affection it's not really an issue, when it's insulting it is an issue, when it happens repeatedly is can easily get out of hand, so I

Bob you must of talked to my exwife, she always wanted me to shave, but I enjoy being fur covered!! As far as your special rock topic being removed, since we do have young school age members visti

Posted Images

Rick,

All of us on here hunt gold, coins, relics or meteorites. Human coins and relics, not extraterrestrial coins and relics.  Ok all joking aside. So none of us regulars dont have a clue on what you have other than its a sweet looking rock of some kind. Maybe a cool sandstone?? Heck i dont know. But unless there is a scientist of some sort that lurks on here that hasn't introduced themselves to us, then Skip, (Auseeker) is right, you need to take it to someone that can professionally Id it for you.

• Like 1

are you in australia? spent last couple hours reading the history about  ancient aboriginals there. just like most countries they were almost wiped out by small-pox upon the arrival by europeans.

6 hours ago, Rick87 said:

It's a rock with a story from my family background which i know very well from a area of sacred site where I have witness glowing orbs light coming out of the ground where I found the rock is you Europeans have no understanding of my culture and my ancestors history so your Theory is worthless to me you have no knowledge of my generation  my people saw strange lights and knew about them you white people call them ufo we call them burri burri the lights where summons to kill people 

"You Europeans"... "You white people"..."no understanding of my culture"..."no knowledge of my generation"..."worthless to me"... "my people saw strange lights"... "summons to kill people"...

A little advice. When researching the origins of a rock it might be best to leave all this out. It does not help with ID at all and it only makes your hands look whiter in the photos. 

Ward Churchill club?

I hope you find a professional that can tell you what you want to hear. It would be a shame if they got all that native aboriginal blood boiling over a piece of wood agate with a cool pattern on it. 

• Like 2

Best bet is to take it to a local Archeologist with a PHd,  who is an expert in the local Homo history.  Stay away from amateur archeologist and grave diggers, your sure to get bogus info or worse them the later two.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, wet/dry washer said:

are you in australia? spent last couple hours reading the history about  ancient aboriginals there. just like most countries they were almost wiped out by small-pox upon the arrival by europeans.

Yes that indeed happened but generally speaking we were here before the Europeans. Scientists says we live on Australia for 40,000years that is not accurate we been here longer from when earth was created Australia is a dreamtime story to the aboriginal because there's a story to every strange unusual places sites rocks painting there was something evil that's been around that time nobody knows what but my ancestors witness those lights you see flying around in the sky what yous call ufo . I already know there's no need to explain them because the Bible tells you everything you need to know about this world 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

"You Europeans"... "You white people"..."no understanding of my culture"..."no knowledge of my generation"..."worthless to me"... "my people saw strange lights"... "summons to kill people"...

A little advice. When researching the origins of a rock it might be best to leave all this out. It does not help with ID at all and it only makes your hands look whiter in the photos. 

Ward Churchill club?

I hope you find a professional that can tell you what you want to hear. It would be a shame if they got all that native aboriginal blood boiling over a piece of wood agate with a cool pattern on it. 

Thanks to you Europeans pffft

Perhaps the local shaman would give a more spiritual explanation.  The explanations here tend to be scientific.  Creation versus evolution.

• Like 1

this modern corporate bible world only goes back about six thousand years. when the dutch explored africa they found beautiful buildings and iron tools, they took credit for these finds, by claiming as their ancesters work. spanish did the same in south america.

men are apt to forget the benefactor, mother earth and riot over the benefit.

man can only invent things, mother nature creates.

Just a word of warning, name calling and insults will not be tolerated, I have removed several replies for doing so, if it continues I will remove or lock this topic!!

Everyone here is entitled to their option on this subject matter, if you don't agree that fine but don't take it personal and resort to attacking each other!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Just a word of warning, name calling and insults will not be tolerated, I have removed several replies for doing so, if it continues I will remove or lock this topic!!

Everyone here is entitled to their option on this subject matter, if you don't agree that fine but don't take it personal and resort to attacking each other!

We were just having some fun Skip. I cant imagine this guy was serious about his tirade. If he was we have bigger problems than "robot delinquent" and "albino bushtit". I am not sure that even qualifies as name calling does it?

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bushtit/id#

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

We were just having some fun Skip. I cant imagine this guy was serious about his tirade. If he was we have bigger problems than "robot delinquent" and "albino bushtit". I am not sure that even qualifies as name calling does it?

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bushtit/id#

If it's not your name, then it's name calling, if it's a term of affection it's not really an issue, when it's insulting it is an issue, when it happens repeatedly is can easily get out of hand, so I removed them, if everyone would let it go after each has their turn then it's not all that bad but it seemed to be turning into a contest of who's the most creative and insulting at name calling so it was time to remove them, it sets a bad example for other members who will at some point want their turn to break the rules of the forum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey Rick87!

I see your left thumb is injured. You have an old bruise under your thumbnail and what is left of some hematoma on your fingertip. It looks like you shut that alabaster fajita in a car door or something. It looks like it was painful but is healing up nicely. What happened?

13 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

If it's not your name, then it's name calling, if it's a term of affection it's not really an issue, when it's insulting it is an issue, when it happens repeatedly is can easily get out of hand, so I removed them, if everyone would let it go after each has their turn then it's not all that bad but it seemed to be turning into a contest of who's the most creative and insulting at name calling so it was time to remove them, it sets a bad example for other members who will at some point want their turn to break the rules of the forum.

I would consider "albino bushtit" a term of endearment Skip. "Peckerwood" notsomuch. It seems that you draw the line rather subjectively on that name calling bit. Why would a racist epithet like "peckerwood" be no problem at all and a little white songbird warrant moderation? 

Just asking. No problems at all. You are the boss and you do what you want to do. It just seems that you pick and choose the strangest things to delete while allowing others to just carry on with their little ongoing troll and get by with a whole lot of political rant, insults, name calling and negative stereotyping with no moderation at all. 

Do you not see that by allowing an openly racist insult like "peckerwood" to stand and deleting a benign comment like "albino bushtit" that you are reinforcing a double standard here?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I would consider "albino bushtit" a term of endearment Skip. "Peckerwood" notsomuch. It seems that you draw the line rather subjectively on that name calling bit. Why would a racist epithet like "peckerwood" be no problem at all and a little white songbird warrant moderation? 

Just asking. No problems at all. You are the boss and you do what you want to do. It just seems that you pick and choose the strangest things to delete while allowing others to just carry on with their little ongoing troll and get by with a whole lot of political rant, insults, name calling and negative stereotyping with no moderation at all. 

Do you not see that by allowing an insult like "peckerwood" to stand and deleting a benign comment like "albino bushtit" that you are reinforcing a double standard here?

There's a lot of posts to read on these forums most everyday and this is my most busiest time of the year at work so not as much time to keep everything in check, I must of missed the "peckerwoood" insult, where you called that, if so any post/reply can be reported to get my attention if I did miss it?

I know the "Buying Bricks" topic if not originally intended to be political or maybe it was has definitely turned into a political topic, I try not to censor too much even when it against forum rules, if I removed everything that is against forum rules there maynot be much left posted but at some point it has to be done so that topic will most likely gone or not all depends.

I know you seem to enjoy many of the topics that are going against forum rules and I know you really don't care for censorship so there are times when I leave something for you to reply too!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

There's a lot of posts to read on these forums most everyday and this is my most busiest time of the year at work so not as much time to keep everything in check, I must of missed the "peckerwoood" insult, where you called that, if so any post/reply can be reported to get my attention if I did miss it?

I know the "Buying Bricks" topic if not originally intended to be political or maybe it was has definitely turned into a political topic, I try not to censor too much even when it against forum rules, if I removed everything that is against forum rules there maynot be much left posted but at some point it has to be done so that topic will most likely gone or not all depends.

I know you seem to enjoy many of the topics that are going against forum rules and I know you really don't care for censorship so there are times when I leave something for you to reply too!!

And I appreciate that Skip! I really do. A wrestling match is not much of a contest if the ref keeps stopping the game. And I like to wrestle with a half dozen guys at the same time. I guess I am just kinky that way. 

Anyhoo, it does not get too rough for me. I don't care what is posted. And I don't give a hoot what is deleted either. I keep stepping in crap getting deleted though and I honestly don't know where the line is. Others seem to get by with constant trolling and sniping full time and I make a re-post about a "clitolith" or call someone an "albino bushtit" and it is gone. I feel there is a definite double standard but then I don't give a hoot about that either. I can wrestle six while being held to a higher standard with no problem. 

So thanks Skip! I will do my best to stay on this side of the line and if you delete something I post it is no problem with me. I hope it does not aggravate you too much either. I am just having fun and not trying to bust  your fur covered elliptical spheres.

• Like 2

Bob you must of talked to my exwife, she always wanted me to shave, but I enjoy being fur covered!!:ROFL:

As far as your special rock topic being removed, since we do have young school age members visting here from time to time and they like the rocks it just had to go otherwise I liked it and would have kept it on the forum!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I feel there is a definite double standard but then I don't give a hoot about that either. I can wrestle six while being held to a higher standard with no problem. 

Bob we do hold you to a "higher standard" here on the forum, BUT it's all due to your celebrity status here, you're a role model for the other kids on here so sometimes we use you as an example of what not to do, thank you for your cooperation!   :thumbsupanim

• Haha 1
  • well done 2
11 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Bob we do hold you to a "higher standard" here on the forum, BUT it's all due to your celebrity status here, you're a role model for the other kids on here so sometimes we use you as an example of what not to do, thank you for your cooperation!   :thumbsupanim

Gee thanks Skip! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rick87 said:

Can Anyone tells me how old this rock is 

Yes!

You can research the geology in the area it was found in and get a very good estimation of age. It looks like it was in the pediment for a long time due to weathering so the average age of the alluvium will give you a pretty close idea of the age of the stone in its current form.

Remember it was part of a formation before It was a weathered stone. So the age of the outcropping that hosted it will be a lot older than the age of the gravels and pediment that you found it in.

There is no one here that can give you the age of the stone. That would be specific to the area and geology that you found it in.

There are probably scholarly journals that have been written that deal with your area. Just speak to someone who deals with geology and is familiar with the information available in that area of Australia. They can tell you the name of the journals and where to find them. There are descriptions in those journals that date the various geological formations and pediments.

In my area those journals are online and you can access them easily. In other areas you must dig deeper for them. You will have to find out what info is available and where to find it. Just seek out someone in the area that deals with it on a professional basis and they can point you in the right direction.

How is that bruise on your left thumb healing? Do you have a bruise under your thumbnail yet?

On 12/21/2018 at 11:14 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Ward Churchill club?

It seems you like to stand for your white clan power when it come to aboriginal history which you know nothing about I'm quite familiar with you Europeans everything you chaps done was inhumane and for the last time hilly it's not a wood agate so you can shove your wood agate up your butt and piss of if you don't like what u see

• Haha 2