Nugget Shooter Forums
Brownnugget

Bing (Bong) the skunk is dead!!

A lot of 1st for me this weekend.  I had a suprise trip sprung on me due to my wife’s late work day on Friday.  We were due for Vegas and I was not going to sit in traffic so I said well I guess you can fly there and I’ll pick you up🤗.   She said that’s what I was thinking maybe you can go gold hunting somewhere 🤗🤗🤗🙏.  So I took off at 3am on the road.  I didn’t sleep much due to my excitement.  So excited I got pulled over going 73 in a 55.  I won’t disclose the agency but let’s just say I guess I’m in his system for being an armed fire investigator so he told me to slow down.  No ticket given (nugget #1 for the day.  I had a plan and stuck to it.  No reception so I relied on google image pictures I took before the trip to know how to navigate.  It was super foggy at 7am so much I drove into the thickness of it way back in the hills.  I stretched my legs and back from the drive and hit the trail.  3 hours of swigging and hiking with nothing to show.  I then hit a friends old patch thinking you can’t get it all but he may have.  Nice work Chris.  I then didn’t have a plan and needed to pick up the wife by 7:15p.  I don’t get out a ton and certainly not here so one energy drink down and round 2.  I hit some similar looking ground as my friends patch.  Sort of a desert pavement mixed with a chunky broken caliche chunks.  No dice.  I got lost coming out and made my own road.  Thank God for Jeeps!  I then with low spirits hit a wash way up in the hills by some old mining activity.  My first target was a totally knarly screamer which made sense after I uncovered a hash pipe.  My second target was a small specimen which I yelled out loud because I actually found gold.  I could pack up right then and be happy.  I then got another sweet mellow hit in the middle of the wash.  After getting to bedrock I could recover a target.  I then split the bedrock with my pick and screw driver to get a nice thick boot tack.  Onward to 2 other targets which were gold and bullet casings and can fragments.  Well my 1st gold in Nevada, 1st specimen gold, 1st over an ounce nugget (specimen), 1st finding a wet stack of dynamite 🧨 next to a hard rock drilled vein, 1st getting out of a ticket in another state🤷🏼‍♂️.  So I haven’t done a specific gravity test but may I join the 1 ounce club😳.  This thing feels heavy.  Anyway thanks for sharing my day. 

Brownie

79FBAC6B-BCC3-4C5C-9E11-ACCAB7C9D571.png

06272276-7FB6-443B-8851-6A72C6F4EDD6.png

0A265A00-4845-421A-BCA4-C112676B521E.png

F0A5FB3D-87EB-4C1A-81A1-D2A77BF4952C.png

593EEEB7-DDC3-4CF3-BAF1-552DDE53BB87.png

Edited by Brownnugget
Retracted a comment about a pic
  • Like 13
  • well done 6
  • wow 2

Wow Man !!! That is one epic hand full of Beautiful specimens ! :droolin:  :confused0089[1]:    Nice work  :black_knight_standing:

Great job,  you kicked but out there!! I was bummed I couldn't get out with you. So awesome!!

Chris 

Now that is the kind of first class day that can thrill a prospector so well.  Congrats on your awesome day!

The smallest nugget on the scale actually broke off the big one after being in my pocket.  Also I can almost put all of them together like a puzzle.  Pretty sure that was one piece at one time.  The quartz is like a brittle fragmented type.  

Are you sure there's not a patch there, and those where just "sitting-ducks" :200::inocent:???????  If the spot (area) looks like the quartz specimen,  you might want to punch down a bit deeper next time.  There's bound to be a source somewhere around there.  Gary  

• Like 1

Beautiful pieces!!  Like stated above. . . I'd make it a point to go back and check the wash from top-2-bottom :head:  Congrats!!!

• wow 1

Beautiful gold...you need to get back out there and really prospect it...I have a feeling you are very close to a much larger placer deposit ... WTG!!!!! Cheers, Unc

beautiful handful of specimen nuggets,I sure would be making plans to head back to that area.

Awesome job, congrats sir.  Really nice looking stuff.

GET BACK THERE! that is going to be a great spot to clean up.... Very pretty stuff, congrats.

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The bings are fantastic and awesome but that is not a bong. :thumbsupanim

Bob what is that in your opinion?  It had a discussing smell to it with burnt stuff in it.  

LOL just your standard 5.00 weed pipe :hide:

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

OK it finally clicked for me thanks Bill. I’ve got a picture of a bong in my head and now a pipe duh.  

Thanks for the input to everyone.  

1 oz club for sure!! Still excited for you bud!!! 

• Like 2

Outstanding

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Nice job on that find.

I'm fond of this calculator.

http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org/gold/specgrav.htm

Was you test just on the one nugget or all the pieces?

Mitchel

Just the larger one.  I’ll do the others someday on a rainy day it was pretty fun math for hating math.  I would guess a couple of grams for the other smaller ones.

24946D78-689E-479B-8F63-273EBDBD625F.png

21 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

Update.  That was fun.  So unofficially 1.15 oz AU👍🏻🤗💪🏼

38F93125-6C3F-4270-8F09-1DFE4A9FFB62.jpeg

84CA5442-06E8-4B20-9750-C99F3D6C6BE2.jpeg

6C05967B-D6DC-4BF1-8033-81A330A6C58A.jpeg

When you are subtracting 25.97 from 30.1 what does the 25.97 represent??? to arrive at the oz gold????