Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost Gold on Travel Channel

I cant wait to see how goofy this one will be... not anything against the boys but these shows seems stress everything to make it seem interesting. I realize from my own experience that you can roll footage for 12 hours a day and only have maybe 3 minutes total of excitement.  Im still going to watch. 

Those 2 guys were on another show called ice cold gold or something like that they were with a group of guys somewhere in iceland or greenland looking for gold and found a bunch of rubies-lots of drama between everyone and the show went of the air-Im a sucker for any gold/gem related shows so yes Ill be watching this one as well :pop: Mike C...:200:

• Like 1

Yes, the gold legends were written many years ago and I've heard from Bill that Merv Griffin and a few others were out in his area 'looking' for lost treasure many years ago.

I’ve ran into their dad Ron on occasion in southern AZ and Colorado. He is a pretty good source on history of the superstitions mountains. Would be cool if they did a show on Skeleton Canyon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeleton_Canyon lots of stories of stolen silver and gold are told by the locals in that part of the state. 

But I do have to agree most of the southwestern treasure stories are based on a small thread of truth and the rest is  usually made up to sound cool. 

Edited by Desertpilot
19 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Those 2 guys were on another show called ice cold gold or something like that they were with a group of guys somewhere in iceland or greenland looking for gold and found a bunch of rubies-lots of drama between everyone and the show went of the air-Im a sucker for any gold/gem related shows so yes Ill be watching this one as well :pop: Mike C...:200:

I remember that show.... alot of unnecessary problems that were drawn out to entertain the viewer. I dont disagree with exploring newly exposed ground that is normally frozen and under sheets of ice but distractions were a plaque for the torn crew. No common focus, everyone has their own agenda = no progress.

• Like 1