Nugget Shooter Forums

Having fun now......

Nugget Shooter

What a bunch of wackos. Im with Mike, ill keep to raising our own beef and garden every year and our wild game. REAL MEAT, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER!!

• Like 1

Suppose some one ends up cutting their finger or a rat contamination should

occur, would become cannibals?

I would rather create the woman of my dreams

and be dead the next day.

Bruce

Edited by Bruce Castle
  • Hmmmmmm 1

It's quite the achievement actually, and pretty much a future-world necessity.. All we have to do is get past the "yuck" factor like Mike C was first to express, which older folk, most baby boomers and on up through some Millenials will find hard-pressed to accomplish.. I doubt youngsters / kids / babies will have a problem.. Even tweens & teens could be ok with it, especially when considering the bucketloads of mis-information and dis-information we "adults" have foisted upon those mallable minds their entire lives..

What do y'all think young folks of today wonder about living in an era of bacon-flavored everything alongside massive meat recalls? And what are they really thinking about us telling them to "eat your vegetables" when they know asking for the wrong sandwich lettuce just might kill their azz daid..? They aren't deaf, stupid or blind, ya know -- regardless of the acts they put on for us..

Sooo, I'm here to tell ya right now they ain't gonna have not nary a problem when it comes to chomping a burger from McVatnold's much less chowing a test tube grown & grilled at home filet mignon..

I can't tell you exactly for sure the last time I actually trusted that a New York Strip or a Salmon steak was truly safe to eat, regardless where I purchased it -- be that a grocery store, butcher shop or top-tier chop joint.. What I can tell you for sure is it was before the first time I found out "they" had been caught dumping PBBs into fertilizers and feeds.. Yet I, same as the rest of y'all if you're being honest with yourselves, simply shut eyes and kept right on grilling away..

It's kind of like that old commercial: We've taken away these diner's coffee and substituted it with Polgers...

Almost everyone not raised on a farm believes meat comes from a grocery store and that's it; there's little if any association its animal..

Would I knowingly cook up a vat-grown steak n try it..? Yup.. Why? Cos after over sixty years of watching (and tasting) the changes my New York Strips and rib-eye's have gone through I'm fairly certain I'd relish tasting a steak the way I remember them tasting (and looking and chewing) when I was a kid.. I have no problem with unadulterated foods..

It's just the future, peeps, is all.. May as well start getting used to it now..

Swamp

Edited by Swampstomper Al
  • Like 1

Well I agree it's very much a part of our future, we can blame it all on Star Trek, remember the food simulator, select what you want and out it pops, sorta like a 3D printer for food, which I can see happening as well, just imagine coming home from simulated work, select your appetizer, the main course and dessert and the 3D food printer fires up and the next thing you know you're chowing down, toss the dishes and scraps into the recyler and time for a simulated cocktail!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

daugther has a small farm in effie minnesota, fresh meat and organic crops, it was like going back sixty years ago on the farm in michigan.

be going up there this next summer growing and harvesting, then back here in late fall. 

you are what you eat.

2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

...we can blame it all on Star Trek, remember the food simulator...

Is that what it was called in the original series..? I can't remember.. It's called a replicator in TNG..

Seems to me The Jetsons had a pretty cool setup too, right..? :89:

What little I actually know about this subject I gleaned from an article in WIRED, had to have been at least a year ago.. After seeing who the major players are in the above article I'd imagine there's a whole lot more info on the web about it these days than there was then..

Swamp