Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Wades sunbaker patch revisited

This was a spur of the moment trip but Luke and I headed out to a old area that Ive visited many times.(Wades Sun baker Patch)  I wanted to run through it one more time after the rain we had this year, and the area really got changed a LOT.

I managed to pull the little guy out from about 5 inches in a wash I was headed down. I turn the corner and see Luke. He was working up the wash. He says "darn it, you found my hill side patch"

Luke found two nice flat ones on the hill side in a type of host rock (schist)  that has always given up gold to me. YAH!!! We both found some.I had walked by those two probably 5 times. Dont know if I ever swung over that particular area or not.....But, they are his now :)  It was absolutely perfect weather for detecting and getting away from it all.
Tom H.

SAM_2044.JPG

SAM_2045.JPG

SAM_2046.JPG

• Like 14
  • well done 4

Nice gold, Tammy and I were skunk hunting and got one.... Skunk that is :ROFL:

• Haha 4

:yesss:

Thanks for driving today Tom  :)

I had a great time !!  :4chsmu1:

Luke

• Like 2

Nice flat pieces, love how they look, congrats...

Dave

• Like 2

Glad there's still gold laying about in a patch named after me. I'm sure there are more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, TomH said:

TSAM_2044.JPG

Hmmmm -- not quite prickly pear but not sure I'd be turning my back on it like that either, Luke.. :WOW::yikes::4chsmu1:

Swamp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice, congrats sir.

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone !!  :thumbsupanim

Yeah, it's always a good time when I get to go detecting with one or two Toms.  Even better when gold is found....

Better yet again, when your friend finds gold too.  :)

14 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Hmmmm -- not quite prickly pear but not sure I'd be turning my back on it like that either, Luke.. :WOW::yikes::4chsmu1:

Swamp

You know, I hear ya....   but if it's not the 'Teddy Bear' Cholla, I hardly pay much attention to it.  Plus I think that particular cactus was farther away than it looks in the picture.  If there was cholla on the ground, I wouldn't be squatting like that.  I have 'transferred' some on more than one occasion from my shoe to my backside.  That sure gets your attention.  :ROFL:

Luke

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, LukeJ said:

I have 'transferred' some on more than one occasion from my shoe to my backside.  That sure gets your attention.  :ROFL:

Luke

Lol! Me too, I hate that!

• Like 4

On 12/3/2018 at 6:38 PM, LukeJ said:

If there was cholla on the ground, I wouldn't be squatting like that.  I have 'transferred' some on more than one occasion from my shoe to my backside.  That sure gets your attention.  :ROFL:

Luke

And I thought that I was the only knuckle-head who accomplished that feat!  Then ridding side saddle home so the wife can pull cacti thorns out of you know where makes for a fun time.:grr01:  The desert can be a difficult place to play in.

• Like 3