Nugget Shooter Forums

Took a fall yesterday, was all I could do to get back in my truck and come home . I was detecting at the beach in Bullhead and not out at Gold Basin...Sure glad..

I am Going to have to find a hunting partner so I do not have that happen in the fields . Could have been Bad if I had been out in the remote places.

Still can't hardly stand , and have to use crutches to get around the house .

So to all Out in the fields...Be careful .

• Like 3
  • wow 1

Yes, Azdigger, heal quickly and be careful out there.  I'm glad you made it home.  I'm looking for a partner, also, preferably some young guy who's half pack mule, and who's happy digging holes to China and rolling boulders uphill when not carrying heavy loads up and down canyons.

Edited by Saul R W
No habla.
  • Haha 5

Get well soon Rick ... Winter season is only just so long and then the heat comes back. When I head to the Basin some time after the New Year I suspect I will give you a shout.

• Like 1
On 12/2/2018 at 6:37 AM, azdigger said:

Took a fall yesterday...

Having no feeling / numbness in one's feet totally sux..! I can still get away with wearing wading mocs at the sandy beach beaches but have no idea whether a Colorado River beach is dirt/sand or rock strewn river bank / whatever.. Point being is my days of getting away wearing low cuts detecting elsewhere are over; I need to be wearing ankle-support shoes or boots.. They make a huge difference.. You need to be wearing them too if you aren't already doing so..

Swamp

• Like 1

I can walk now without the crutches but if I walk a lot I pay for it in the evening....going to cut down on my hunting for awhile I am afraid...

Andwouldn't ya know it , I found a Monster being sold for 550 and a GB2 for 300...right now no need to get them.

drink only good water with raw cider vinegar, within a week you will feel better. go on an organic diet with only fish once a week. get some hawthorn and oregano oil for your only medicine.

do not take any VA medicine.

• Like 2

Falling is my middle name, I fall all of the time.

I have torn both rotator cuffs, gone from the frome top of stairs to

the bottom on my face, sprained my neck and broken my ribs several times.

I am a professional at falling. I know what's like.

Get better and be careful.

Uncle Ron has given the best relief with what he sells, I don't fall as often and have  less pain.

Bruce

g

Edited by Bruce Castle
  • Like 2

My worst nightmare, Neighbor fell on his stairs a month ago,3rd op friday with more pins,plates etc as leg is 100% severed mess. YUCK-John

• Like 1
  • wow 1

One of my worse fears as I continue to hunt alone and get older by the day! What's worse is that I don't always think to tell someone approximately where to start looking for me if I don't show by such/such a time. Or that I may be miles from my truck because the RZR took me and then I walked in another 1/2 mile or so in whatever direction my feet take me! So if I do fall and Max can't find me some help ... not sure he would know what to do as his heritage is no associated with Lassie ... I would be screwed. Low crawling used to be easy for me ... 40 years ago! ... not so much anymore! :old:

• Like 2

after this fall , it was all I could do to get back to the truck and I was on pretty smooth ground.   Don't think I will be hunting alone any more.

In Gold Basin 2 weeks ago I was way back in the nowhere and had walked away from my Quad.....thinking about what if....Not any more Not alone.

Guess I am too big of a clutz  now. 

3 hours ago, azdigger said:

...Guess I am too big of a clutz  now. 

You absolutely cannot allow yourself to get sucked (back) into that mindset.. First-hand experience speaking.. This is exactly how/why I disappeared from the forums for nearly a year..

You have two first things to do:
1) Read this page: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Peripheral-Neuropathy-Fact-Sheet
1) Get yourself a pair of good high-top shoes / sneaks (I'm assuming you already have a pair of hi-tops for detecting..)

You want/need the ankle support all the time, not just while in the field.. I'll reiterate: I was pleasantly surprised with the balance improvement thanks to the shoes..

Educate yourself to what's going on with you.. I specifically chose the above link cos it's the best one I've come across so far as far as Introduction 101 is concerned.. I initially avoided researching because I thought it would just drive me deeper into my pity-party funk, especially when considering all the other crap I already have happening.. Turns out I was wrong to have done so.. It must be in the way these folks present the information, because I was able to identify with the sections that were talking about me -- as opposed to the way most info sites come across cold and impersonal by centering on whatever illness or disease rather than the way it affects the victims..

Anyhow, that's it.. I'm probably treading on "No good deed goes un-punished" ground here-and-now, so I'll just say this information has helped me better face and understand with what I'm dealing.. Perhaps it will help you as well..

Swamp

• Like 5

I got to falling alot and hurting myself badly (broken ribs, etc.) and then found out it was my BP meds doing it...switched off and no further issues... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

Pain sucks!!!  Hope you mend up quickly.    Remember the saying - If you don't use it - You loose it.   If you loose it, you might not ever get it back.  So mend up and use it. . Partner-up and go slower.  Just do what you can at a safe pace that you can handle and enjoy the time being out and about.  Take care Mr.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Get better and get back out there. But with a detecting buddy. Everyone should have someone to go out with, you just never know what can and will eventually happen. It doesn't matter what kind of shape you are in, bad things can happen any time. Take care Rick.

• Like 5