Nugget Shooter Forums
Jack H

Looking to buy Minelab GP 3000

I'm on the search for an affordable PI detector. I've noticed one on FB market place. The seller is possibly a member here. I don't want to give up too much info and possibly lose my chance at buying it. At the same time if it does sell before I can buy it I just wanted to throw it out there. I am currently looking. I'd like to keep the price around $1500 or less and get into a PI. I've seen better "prices" than the one I am currently looking at, but... the machine looks very clean and well kept. Also, the older machines do not come up regularly in searches. That said, if anyone else would like to make an offer - I'm all ears. Thank you.

I have never swung or owned a PI and would like anything from an SD2100 to a GPX 5000 My budget would be the gold I have collected with my GB2 

Don't have a Minelab but i do have a nice Whites TDI SL with the stock 7.5" round coil and a near new Miner John 5"x9" folded mono coil on separate lower rod, camo control box cover, rechrgeable battery and charger, and 2) AA battery holders. Headphones in pics not included for $650 +  shipping

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

After a little research I think I might just bite the bullet and buy a new Garett ATX. It looks pretty straight forward to use. Watching performance comparisons, coupled with the lower price I figure I might as well buy new.

Jack H ... sent you a PM

Ummm.....buy a Minelab PI. I dont want to bash Garrett....but buy a Minelab PI..........You will be glad you did.

Tom H.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, TomH said:

Ummm.....buy a Minelab PI. I dont want to bash Garrett....but buy a Minelab PI..........You will be glad you did.

Tom H.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TomH said:

Tom H.

Big time what Tom H. and Mike C. said...... :old: new used or inbetween 

• Like 3

garrets a good machine but its not a minelab :Detector:

• Like 1

even if you don't buy mine...buy a minelab...garretts are good coin machines but never have been good for gold prospecting

Edited by azdave35

On  PI, best bang for your buck...4500...my opinion

Hey Gang. Just wanted to follow up on this thread and let you all know I trust your advice. I considered the ATX but went with the buy I was working on with Dave. He goes by Spud here on the forums. His detector was in near new condition. The things he included in the deal could not be discerned as not being new. Brand new battery. Backpack, bladder, spring coil for the battery, sling, detector cover. I'm happy with my purchase. I now have two Minelab detectors. My wife and I will make a good team. I bought a GM 1000 for my wife recently. Its nice and light. I'll be packing the GP 3000. Thanks Dave. Great Deal sir.

IMG_0804.jpg

Edited by Jack H
  • Like 5
  • well done 1

Sweet deal looks like new, and looks like a 5000 to me. Good decision Jack i won't be surprised to see you do quite well with your new machine. Have a beeping day :oregonian_winesmiley:

nice detector! It has the tracking button which is the best thing that ever happened to Minelab Pi machines.  You may want to get and carry an extra power cord-it is a weak point on all wired machines.

good luck!

fred

The GP3000 is so hot , you need oven mitts to use it!

Heres a vid of some dude finding a one ounce slab of gold with a GP3K :brows::head:

Edited by adam
  • Like 6
  • wow 1

On 12/8/2018 at 8:56 PM, adam said:

The GP3000 is so hot , you need oven mitts to use it!

Heres a vid of some dude finding a one ounce slab of gold with a GP3K :brows::head:

"I will Most Definitely AGREE with adam's statement above!!!"  I wouldn't sell mine even for the price that I paid for it (brand New) back in 2005, as it has paid for itself in Gold at least 3-times over,.... and continues to.  Good Choice,....You won't be sorry.  Gary