Nugget Shooter Forums
Boorx4

The Monster Strikes Again

Greetings All,

Some of you may remember that last winter I posted that, using my Gold Monster 1000, of finding a small BB size piece of quartz and later the following month, a small brown hot rock.  The monster said non-ferric for both and I did not believe it.  Anyway, I smashed them open and to my utter surprise, they both contained a bit of gold.

Fast forward to this Sunday.  A few of "me mates" and I headed to the hills for some gold searching.  The area searched was a hillside below an old proven gold mine. During other trips to this site, at least one or two of us would find a small bit of gold.  The ground is hotter than a firecracker on 4th of July and the place is another hot rock city.

I, myself spent the day beating the bushes and crawling under Palo Verde trees.  Getting all scratched up and nasty dirty.  As coincidence would have it, the Monster found two small stones almost identical to the ones found last year.  One brown like a hot rock and the other a round quartz piece. No gold could be seen using a 10 power loop. Last years and this weeks finds are from entirely different locations, probably over 100 miles apart.  Unlike last year, this time I documented the before and after the crushing.  Just for the heck of it, I put my pin pointer on the two stones before crushing.  Only the quartz piece sounded off.  Along with a dime for sizing, I added a centimeter ruler to really get an idea as to how small they are.  The gold is not very much, but the skunk is off my back for now!  A testament to the Monster Power

Bottom line, just because a stone or rock doesn't look like much, you better trust and believe in the "Monster"                   Happy Hunting!

Small stones 11.25.2018.JPG

Inside stones 11.25.2018.JPG

• Like 10
  • well done 1

Job well done.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, boulder dash said:

What the? That was like magic! I love a great magician..

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Boulder Dash.   No magic tricks here. No slight of hand either. :rolleyes:

I used the time honored method of "scientific alchemy" :old:

You see, with a specific type of stone or rock, I can turn it into gold.  Just like shown above. :yesss:

• Like 3

On 11/27/2018 at 5:46 PM, boulder dash said:

What the? That was like magic! I love a great magician..

What Wade said.... Fricking good job.

Refreshing to know that there are those who get just as great a charge out of solving a tiny mystery as finding a regular nugget.  Thanks for sharing your discovery and your enthusiasm Boorx4.

• Like 3

Well done! Nice little nuggets. I find nuggets totally encased in rock avery year now since my first one in 2016. You are right about trusting your Gold Monster. It is one detector that won't lie to you. You just have to learn the Monster's language. Congrats. I talk about this very topic in my book I'm writing on gold detecting which will be going to print in the spring. So far I have 178 pages completed, with 24,800 words and over 155 photos  with captions.

Edited by Goldseeker4000
double word.
  • Like 2

On 11/29/2018 at 9:32 PM, Boorx4 said:

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Boulder Dash.   No magic tricks here. No slight of hand either. :rolleyes:

I used the time honored method of "scientific alchemy" :old:

You see, with a specific type of stone or rock, I can turn it into gold.  Just like shown above. :yesss:

Can you please teach me how ? Im new in that stuff

• Hmmmmmm 1

22 hours ago, Salomon king said:

Can you please teach me how ? Im new in that stuff

My reply to boulderdash was simply a tongue-in-cheek comment. about a spur of the moment made up terminology "scientific alchemy"

The bottom line is that each and every nugget shooter must learn and master his or her metal detector.  Know it up side down, inside out and understand its language and what it is telling you.  This only comes from hundreds of hours in the field, digging trash, trash and more trash.  Finally a nugget will be found and you will understand what nugget shooting is all about.

cheers

• Like 2
  • well done 1