Nugget Shooter Forums
theace115

Some Day After Turkey Day Color

Leverite and I found some nice color today,  came home with about 6 to 7 Pieces 

20181123_091823.jpg

20181123_111252.jpg

20181123_111348.jpg

20181123_123206.jpg

• Like 13
  • well done 1

Sweet little nuggets!

That is the goofiest looking horny toad I have ever seen. A fat little rascal with no tail to speak of. I wonder if that is a different species or something?

• Like 2

Yes, that is a cool Horned Toad for sure. Nice gold too thanks for sharing

24 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Sweet little nuggets!

That is the goofiest looking horny toad I have ever seen. A fat little rascal with no tail to speak of. I wonder if that is a different species or something?

Whatcha talking about? I see plenty of tail on it.

• Like 1

Alex kick my butt today he was on fire finding the golden toad and the nuggets great job Alex had a blast hunting with you today! 

• Like 1

You know what you give a Horny Toad for Christmas?  A sexy frog! Grubstake

• Haha 3

I'm a bit curious what you folks from around Tucson consider 'close-to-home' prospecting locations..? Do y'all head out to the Greaterville area as a first choice, or??? What about to the north -- anything decent south of the Phoenix - Globe latitude..? Spots even closer to home perhaps, without giving anything away..?

Thanks,

Swamp

That is a round tailed horned lizard. Cool find! Congratulations on the gold!! 

Chris 

20 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Sweet little nuggets!

I think it is a very p.o.'d teenage horny toad...All puffed up!  ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Sweet little nuggets!

Fat for his winter nap Bob, species (Phrynosoma hernandesi) I think perhaps.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Fat for his winter nap Bob, species (Phrynosoma hernandesi) I think perhaps.....

I guess the Hernandez don't live around here. Go figure that huh?

I took a look at the various species and there are many! This one looks almost comical compared to the ones I see around here. It is pretty cool how altitude and climate makes so much difference in all the critters. And people.

3 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

I think it is a very p.o.'d teenage horny toad...All puffed up!  ... Cheers, Unc

Yeah, I think he is puffed up with air. I have heard some of them will do that when they get defensive. 

I guess ours don't puff up or shoot blood out of their eyes. I darn sure have never seen it happen and I have picked up a bunch of them. I have heard folks swear it was true and I figured it must be some other species that did that.

All of the ones I've caught puff up and about half do the blood from eyes squirt ...Cheers, Unc

I don't remember telling you that I was doing my tile.   Mhmmmmmm??  BUT, yes,  It finally got done on Sunday.  such a relief!   Have you been finding much gold @adam

I think I may have mentioned it to Adam. Adam and I are both fascinated with tile and tile accessories and was an easy subject.

3 hours ago, theace115 said:

I don't remember telling you that I was doing my tile.

Well when you leave disturbing photos like this all over the internet, one can only assume.

15418070325142635921930035888746.jpg

• Haha 4

Very nice!  Good point.  Yep.  Its grouted and looks amazing.  Good observation skills.  You should be a gold prospector!! 

• Hmmmmmm 1