Nugget Shooter Forums

Huge bucks, big bears and giant bloodsucking insects

Bedrock Bob

8 minutes ago, Saul R W said:

Yep, I discovered those little meaty flavored anti-tick and flea cubes for dogs shortly after ending up in the Ozarks.  Once a month treat for the pups, and no more daily tick-picking (except for the millions of chiggers and ticks that ended up on me).

If dogs were really our best friends, one of them hounds could have slipped one of them cubes into your coffee lol

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Edge said:

If dogs were really our best friends, one of them hounds could have slipped one of them cubes into your coffee lol

Believe me, I've considered eating a chew once a month myself.  It couldnt be any less healthy than the ankle cancer a fellow will end up with after walking around with deet-soaked socks and cuffs for a decade.

8 hours ago, Saul R W said:

Yep, I discovered those little meaty flavored anti-tick and flea cubes for dogs shortly after ending up in the Ozarks.  Once a month treat for the pups, and no more daily tick-picking (except for the millions of chiggers and ticks that ended up on me).

Saul maybe you need to consider eating one of those cubes once a month....if you can find some that are kosher! :idunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

I'm hoping for you you underestimated what that material is returning a yard, else you're gonna be running a whole lot more than 200 buckets if your target is still 1/2 ozT..

On the plus side it doesn't get much better than ground to shovel to screen, so that makes things realistically worthwhile when flying solo in lower-paying material..

Swamp

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, LipCa said:

you're right Swampstomper..... I figure 400 buckets at $30/yd.

(I feel a tick on my neck)

You two mathematicians are not too great at word problems are you? :)

If you re-read my post you will se that I did not say that 200 buckets would net me a half ounce. I said 200 buckets would "take care of my gold fever". Meaning I would probably be tuckered out half way there.

FYI I ran about 350 buckets for the first half ounce and about the same for the second half ounce. So now you can multiply and divide that to your hearts content and advise me accordingly. :25r30wi:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

...mathematicians...

I honestly did not see -- that large glaring loophole -- right in front of me.. :kap:

Swamp

I ain't no mathematician, but I'd sure like to count on you. -- "Cruzin' For A Love" The J Geils Band

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Bedrock, in the same sentence you said ". I hope I can get another half ounce before I collapse". I put that together with "a couple hundred buckets". I thought they went together.... my mistake. You are right on the money at $20 a yard......

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LipCa said:

Sorry Bedrock, in the same sentence you said ". I hope I can get another half ounce before I collapse". I put that together with "a couple hundred buckets". I thought they went together.... my mistake. You are right on the money at $20 a yard......

Yeah, it is funny how those other words in between make so much difference. :)

When you think you have discovered a big disconnect it always pays to go back and make sure you are picking up what others are laying down. Otherwise your numbers don't add up. It is like a guy throwing you an apple but catching a peach. And after biting into it realizing it is a piece of fried chicken. It is just weird bro.

Now I am going to really break your heart. I did not keep an accurate bucket count and just threw out a number that I thought was about right. And the whole time I was digging I was smoking some incredibly strong yesca that my brother got from a guy with a patch over one eye. I really don't even remember how many days I was out. It is all just a smear of memories at this point. 

So it coulda been a couple hundred buckets but then it could have been five hundred too. I have 6 plastic buckets but two are those 4.7 gallon metric ones. And I might have only filled some buckets 2/3 full because I am serotonin deficient 30% of the time. But 70% of the time I am a little manic and fill those buckets with rounded tops that make them 9% larger. I cobble off 20% by hand before it even hits the screen and I get about 50% off the header so only about 30% of the total material actually gets processed.

So taking into consideration these new revelations how much material actually went over the table given the best and worst case scenarios? How many ounces would I smoke given .5 g per joint and two yards between joints with a 5% re-use rate if I smoke the roaches? How much gold could I dig if I bought a pound of that stuff? :arrowheadsmiley:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Yeah, it is funny how those other words in between make so much difference. :)

When you think you have discovered a big disconnect it always pays to go back and make sure you are picking up what others are laying down. Otherwise your numbers don't add up. It is like a guy throwing you an apple but catching a peach. And after biting into it realizing it is a piece of fried chicken. It is just weird bro.

Now I am going to really break your heart. I did not keep an accurate bucket count and just threw out a number that I thought was about right. And the whole time I was digging I was smoking some incredibly strong yesca that my brother got from a guy with a patch over one eye. I really don't even remember how many days I was out. It is all just a smear of memories at this point. 

So it coulda been a couple hundred buckets but then it could have been five hundred too. I have 6 plastic buckets but two are those 4.7 gallon metric ones. And I might have only filled some buckets 2/3 full because I am serotonin deficient 30% of the time. But 70% of the time I am a little manic and fill those buckets with rounded tops that make them 9% larger. I cobble off 20% by hand before it even hits the screen and I get about 50% off the header so only about 30% of the total material actually gets processed.

So taking into consideration these new revelations how much material actually went over the table given the best and worst case scenarios? How many ounces would I smoke given .5 g per joint and two yards between joints with a 5% re-use rate if I smoke the roaches? How much gold could I dig if I bought a pound of that stuff? :arrowheadsmiley:

The answer is 62.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • wow 1

6 hours ago, Swampstomper Al said:

Which scale -- metric or dorian..? :89:

Chromatic. :inocent:

22 hours ago, clay said:

The answer is 62.

Excellent response! Great job Clay! I did not know you had that many fingers and toes. :rolleyes:

Now for the bonus question-

How many tortillas does it take to shingle a schithouse flying over Lake Deming in a sandstorm? Assume a white corn tortilla and a steady 85 mph. breeze. 

22 hours ago, LipCa said:

As I recalculate from the new info provided, it looks like it could run from $5 per yard to $100 per yard....

The gravel makes me an average of $15 per yard after you deduct .5 g @ $10 per gram per yard for the weed. So $20 per yard is probably as close to reality as we are going to get. And that is way too close to reality for me. Especially this early over coffee. :)

I cant wait to get back out there. After Christmas is over I am finally free for a few days again. It will take that long to pick all these huge ticks off me...

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

...Now for the bonus question-

How many tortillas does it take to shingle a schithouse flying over Lake Deming in a sandstorm? Assume a white corn tortilla and a steady 85 mph. breeze...

Are you using Maranda Homes or Genial Development Corp. codes interpretations..?
And can we charge spillage as both an over-purchase write-down and materials expense..?

Thanx..

• Haha 1