Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chrisski

Collecting Insects on Claims

Why would the forest service want a claim owner contacted prior to collecting insects on a claim?  Found this in Coronado National Forest:

"Although no permit is required the Coronado National Forest requests that visitors follow the following guidelines while collecting insects in the forest......

-It is the collector’s responsibility to ensure they are not collecting on active mining claims without permission from the claimant."

Maybe they are worried they are collecting " Gold Bugs "    :rasberry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mostly because very few enforcement officers have a clue about what they actually are there to do...all myth and rumor, no facts!

fred

• well done 1

Sounds like they just worded it badly. There are probably a few active mining interests in the area and they just want the bug collectors and the prospectors to be aware of each other and coordinate. They are trying to manage multiple use and that is not all bad.

I don't think they meant to imply that claim owners must give permission despite how it was worded. Some fresh kid penned the words and it went to print unedited. It is not a policy it is just bad communication.

• Like 1

You are pretty forgiving, Bob. I find it hard to believe that whoever wrote that could not communicate better. Considering the level of education and report writing skills required...but, there is always a chance that you are more correct than me.

fred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had billions of ladybug colonies but with 0 forest not burned will be interesting to see what happens next spring???John