Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona Quad Title

Purchased a Like new 2008 Grizzly 700 Quad with only 1300 miles on it from a prospector who moved here from Arizona. Kalifornia is giving me a hard time with the registration. Have the plates, application for registration, vin numbers and the loan papers that confirm he paid it off but not the title.  Crapyfornia Dmv Wants a engine number from Arizona also. Do any of you ATV owners know if your pink slip or title has a engine number on it?  If so he will have to get a duplicate title from the Phoenix DMV .

Thanks, Bob

2 hours ago, Beeper Bob said:

Purchased a Like new 2008 Grizzly 700 Quad with only 1300 miles on it from a prospector who moved here from Arizona. Kalifornia is giving me a hard time with the registration. Have the plates, application for registration, vin numbers and the loan papers that confirm he paid it off but not the title.  Crapyfornia Dmv Wants a engine number from Arizona also. Do any of you ATV owners know if your pink slip or title has a engine number on it?  If so he will have to get a duplicate title from the Phoenix DMV .

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,

I do know the answer to your question. Unfortunately the answer is NO, Arizona titles for an ATV do not have the engine ID # on them. I just got back from titling and off road (OHV) registration of my latest acquisition. Before going to the DMV I jotted down all pertinent information off the old title about who sold it to me. As Rick mentioned the replacement title option is going to be the way for you to go on yours. I have a 2007 Big Bear 400 that has been in storage too long, If I can't locate it's title I will most likely be in for a lot of fun getting a new one. Hopefully AZ doesn't purge the DMV info after 7yrs like some states do. :-(

Wish I had better news for you, 

Jody B

00C0C_gW61tqQ5XQy_600x450.jpg

00q0q_1iBt9qtnTCA_600x450.jpg

big bear.jpg

big bear2.jpg

Thank you Joe for the information. I have a copy  of the Title and registration application. According to the DMV website and the AAA that should do it.  Will tell them Arizona has no engine number on their titles.

Thanks for your help!

If someone is located near Wickenburg there is a small company that is private but can do everything but issue drivers licenses ...Vicki is the lady that owns it and it will save many hours and much frustration to have her run the paperworks...It only adds $10 to the cost but is well worth that small fee in time savings and frustration ... Vicki is on your side, not the state ...https://local.dmv.org/arizona/branch/out-titles-tags-wickenburg-west  Here's her website  Cheers, Unc