Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
azdigger

15" coil on the fresh water beach

Had to go to Bullhead City to get gas this morning so I took my Equinox 800 with me, got the new 15" coil on it . When I got to the beach on the Colorado River there was 6 other folks walking with detectors.  As I got mine out I was told they had covered that area already and I asking if they minded if I just followed along . Was told to go ahead but they had covered it good.

I was trying out my new 15" coil on my Equinox , set it on Park 1, every thing stock setting. Off I go.  Got a hit..bottle cap , cleared it out swept over same place, nother hit...Penny @ 2 inches.

all in all I got 4 pennies and 2 dimes...won't count the bottle caps or pull tabs...not bad for a beach that had been worked over...…:head:

• Like 9

6 hours ago, azdigger said:

Had to go to Bullhead City to get gas this morning so I took my Equinox 800 with me, got the new 15" coil on it . When I got to the beach on the Colorado River there was 6 other folks walking with detectors.  As I got mine out I was told they had covered that area already and I asking if they minded if I just followed along . Was told to go ahead but they had covered it good.

I was trying out my new 15" coil on my Equinox , set it on Park 1, every thing stock setting. Off I go.  Got a hit..bottle cap , cleared it out swept over same place, nother hit...Penny @ 2 inches.

all in all I got 4 pennies and 2 dimes...won't count the bottle caps or pull tabs...not bad for a beach that had been worked over...…:head:

And if that much was missed, it could have been a lot more, AND a lot more valuable! You just never know. One thing we do know, is, nobody gets it all, and having a persistent, positive attitude, is the hallmark of success. Well done Sir!

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2018 at 2:01 PM, azdigger said:

Had to go to Bullhead City to get gas this morning so I took my Equinox 800 with me…:head:

Beaches are never worked out, ocean or fresh water, although there are days when it seems that way..

And -- when you're working a beach you don't always have to "work the beach.." I've made some very cool finds along the vegetation line -- everything from a working really quality pocket clip pen-style flashlight to pocket change laying on the surface to rings laying on the surface to $20 bills stuck in ground cover.. Even though I was detecting, all of it was eyeballed first.. The detector never did go off on those double-sawbucks either.. :rolleyes:

Swamp

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

And -- when you're working a beach you don't always have to "work the beach.." I've made some very cool finds along the vegetation line -- everything from a working really quality pocket clip pen-style flashlight to pocket change laying on the surface to rings laying on the surface to $20 bills stuck in ground cover.. Even though I was detecting, all of it was eyeballed first.. The detector never did go off on those double-sawbucks either

When I was in Japan, would hunt for old glass fishing buoys hidden in the bushes.  Wonder what else was hidden back there.

• Like 2

I do a lot of beach hunting in Southern California and I’ve detected parts of the beach that others hit up hard (like a dozen or more guys from a club or Few other youtubers meeting up) and I would still find targets. Whether it’s junk or not,  You just can’t get all of the targets every time you go out.

There is this one old fellow who I’ve met and every time he sees me out on the beach. He is going all over the place extremely fast like a tweaker on meth and his coil is always swinging up past his knees. I told him you might want to keep that coil closer to the ground and swing a little slower because I just found this 14k gold ring that you just walked right over it. His reply “oh well”, plus he told me he’s been doing this for 30 + years. 

On 11/20/2018 at 5:34 PM, Swampstomper Al said:

Beaches are never worked out, ocean or fresh water, although there are days when it seems that way..

And -- when you're working a beach you don't always have to "work the beach.." I've made some very cool finds along the vegetation line -- everything from a working really quality pocket clip pen-style flashlight to pocket change laying on the surface to rings laying on the surface to $20 bills stuck in ground cover.. Even though I was detecting, all of it was eyeballed first.. The detector never did go off on those double-sawbucks either.. :rolleyes:

Swamp

I find that No Man’s Land is the best place to find a lot of treasures. While No Man’s Land is usually a huge part of real estate, most of these guys or shall I say all of whom I’ve seen only do the from the towel line to about 10’ into the water.